Received court letter requesting attendance and MC100 form

Boobydo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some years ago I was convicted of an offence and received a hefty fine.  I arranged to pay weekly and have never missed a payment.

I’ve received a letter today to attend court for my outstanding debt to be reviewed.  I’m moving house on that day and really cannot re arrange.  Could someone advise on the following please;

is this normal procedure for the Court or would I have done something wrong?

can I complete the form and send it in, but not attend in person?

I would have called the court to obtain answers ,  but it’s the weekend.  Posted on here as it’s now a huge worry.  I know I haven’t missed a payment.

thank you in advance.

not sure we're too well up on these

what was your fine for?

how much was it?

what is outstanding?

you say you've paid what you were ordered to regularly in complete compliance with your £PCM you should have?

it appears to me this is simply checking you have the finances going forward or maybe to assess your situation to see if you should be paying more or less than currently ordered? does that sound about right?

it looks to me that you don't necessarily have to attend you can post it in.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am no expert but here are my thoughts.

The MC100 form is a Court document that you need to fill in which contains boxes for your income and outgoings.   Ultimately it will reveal how much surplus income you have after your bills are paid.

In ordinary circumstances it allows the Court to assess how much you can afford weekly to pay towards a fine that is, or is about to be levied.

I have never heard of this being asked for by a Court long after the proceedings have ended but I am not a solicitor and neither have I had fines or weekly payments so it might be quite common.

My suspicion is that maybe they think you have not been paying or they have lost the records of your payments.

If I was you I would download the Form, print it several times.  Fill out one in pencil in case you make any mistakes and once you are satisfied you have got it right then fill out the other in Pen.   When you get to Court you can hand it in to the clerk of the Court who might just be satisfied and dismiss you from the Hearing if there is one for that day.

I would also download your bank statements for the entire period and highlight the payments so that if they think you have not paid then you have immediate evidence to hand that you have in fact paid.

I stress my inexperience in this matter, just laying out what my thoughts are and what I would do.  Hopefully some other CAGers will come along to add to the thread.

Good luck.

• Like 1