Sony TV faulty within a year, who is responsible.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 20/03/2023 at 22:00, garygumps said:

Hello everyone.

I am posting this question on behalf of my Mother & Father in law who are both pensioners and don't really understand consumer rights etc.

OK, they bought a Sony 60" TV from Currys less than a year ago.   Over the weekend they noticed a sound problem and they switched it off hoping that would fix it.   Upon turning it back on the screen developed lines etc distorting the picture.

Not really knowing what to do they phoned Sony helpline and provided photos of the screen.   Sony came back saying their technical staff assessed the problem as being caused by "physical" damage, ie, TV being dropped or similar.   My in laws categorically deny this and i believe them.

What I want to know is that obviously the TV is within manufacturers 1 year warranty but Sony seem to absolving themselves of responsibility by fobbing the in laws off basically saying they damaged the TV themselves without even physically checking the TV and forming an opinion from an emailed photo!

I would welcome any advice as to their rights in a case like this.   I firmly believe that the TV has developed a fault and not been deliberately or accidentally damaged.   Do the in laws have a case against Currys?

Regards

Gary

I had the same issue so many calls after calls eventually i got through to someone but still no luck I found this phone number on a post on another Forum someone called Nathan apparently head of service 30 minutes later I was sorted and item exchanged !!! 07921633673 , he was angry i had his number but it got me sorted :)

Mine was DPD related but sure he will help

• Like 1