Rooftop Mortgages reclaiming

TUTTSI
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rooftop's charging regime is totally out of order.

The charges as far as I am aware are not counted within the arrears, but in our case they really are humungus and we have been so far slightly reluctant up to now to start the proceedure because of our arrears. We still have at least two years of arrears to pay back on top of the mortgage.

What was of more concern to us is they keep on trying to change the goal post and change the date which the mortgage is currently being paid and as they have a suspended possession order which they are threatening us with repossession. But they do not have cause to repossess as we are not in further arrears they are just being vindictive in our honest opinion.

I look forward to hearing your news.

Tuttsi

• 1 month later...

Are Rooftop Mortgage co still trading? I thought they went down with Bears Stearn ? If they are then I am gunning for them too as they took £10,00 more than the judge stated in his judgement. They used eviction as a threat. Thi was when we remortgaged with SPML, who appear to be insolvent. No wonder three mortgage advisors told me to investigate and CAB. What about First National? they were the ones that caught us in the first place.

Yes Margaret they are still trading, we have our mortgage with them.

Are you saying they overcharged you £10 or £10K? Your post is not very clear as to what actually happened?

Did they also charge you loads of huge charges as some of these could be recoverable as well?

The FOS might be you best bet for a complaint with charges.

As for the overcharge you may need to go back through the court system to get your money back.

Tuttsi

• 3 weeks later...

i too am with rooftop who have issued me with an eviction date 18 march i am in arrears of 1100 pounds which i have offered to pay but they say i owe 6000 and have refused to cancel my eviction sayng they want the full amount i am in court tomorrow to see it i can get the eviction cancelled cant beleive they are adding management fees to my morgage arrears any advice please

Hi Nemasi

I am really sorry about your impending eviction.

Can I ask how many months are you in arrears?

Is there a reason for getting into arrears ie loss of job, illness etc?

Are you able to make an arrangement to pay the arrears ie can you afford to pay an amount over the basic monthly amount?

Did you try to make an offer to repay the arrears?

If you did try to negotiate what was Rooftops stance in this matter?

Is there any prospect of you making regular monthly payments.

We were in arreas due to hubby having eye surgeries and he was not able to work for about 4 months and we agreed with them to repay the arrears over 4 years, we used the case of Norgan v Cheltenham to negotiate with and they agreed to this with no problem. The only thing is we now have a suspended possession order hanging over us until the debt is repaid. But at least we still have our home.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.creditlaw.co.uk%2FCases%2Fcheltenham.htm&rct=j&q=norgan&ei=vHygS5WyKqi80gS0-vyTDA&usg=AFQjCNFUcAJXrJ5D4HaNCQk4yqo6z0I20Q

Basically this case allows for the mortgage payment to be paid off over the remaining term of the mortgage, but we wanted to get this of our backs sooner.

Rooftop have a way of keep changing the goal posts they agree to one thing then renage on it the next.

You need to immediatly bring to the courts attention that you fully dispute the amount of £6,000 as this is made up of all sorts of charges (some of those charges may not be refundable but many of them will be?) and that you are able to actually pay the full arrears figure of £1,100 and that you intend going to the FOS to apply for a refund of the charges which are very excessive. At least ask the courts for a 3 month reprieve whilst you negotiate with Rooftop in the first instant. You have to have a final letter from Rooftop stating that they will not refund the charges before you can go to the FOS?

I think that if it were me, I would today fax Rooftop a letter stating that you dispute the charges of £xxxx and that you want them refunded and give them say 14 days to respond. I would then take this letter with you to court to show the judge that there is a disputed debt amount and that Rooftops have refused your payment of the arrears which total of £1100. Do you have this in writing?

Good luck and please let us know how you get on?

Tuttsi

i too am with rooftop who have issued me with an eviction date 18 march i am in arrears of 1100 pounds which i have offered to pay but they say i owe 6000 and have refused to cancel my eviction sayng they want the full amount i am in court tomorrow to see it i can get the eviction cancelled cant beleive they are adding management fees to my morgage arrears any advice please

• 2 months later...

I had a court hearing for arrears a little while back, rooftop had the cheek to try and stick the charges on top of the arrears, this looked terrible in court as the amount started on £1500, but then jumped up an extra £6000 because of the arrears charges. luckily the judge believed me when i said the arrears were only £1500 as their solicitor did not even have a breakdown of arrears and fees. I am just coming to clearing the arrears next month, after the court order of paying an extra £135 per month. When I spoke to rooftop on the phone they started hinting at payment of the fees, whats the chance of trying to reduce/get rid of these as they have also charges interest on top totalling £600, i find it unbeilavable that they can charge £6000 for doing nothing, apart from solcitors costs in court but even they were useless. Should I complain????

I presume you have a list of all the charges? Have you written to Rooftops explaining that you want them to refund the charges as they are deemed to be too high?

Once you have their answer which will of course say NO, and if it is a final response from them you can take this to the FOS (Financial Onbudsman Service) and they will obtain a refund for you. £6K is a lot and I am sure we have also racked up as much and once we are down to our last repayments as we have about 8 more left we will endeavor to revisit this as if we want to move in the furture we do not need these extra charges being taken into account.

But well done you for standing your corner in court against the bullies.

Tuttsi

I had a court hearing for arrears a little while back, rooftop had the cheek to try and stick the charges on top of the arrears, this looked terrible in court as the amount started on £1500, but then jumped up an extra £6000 because of the arrears charges. luckily the judge believed me when i said the arrears were only £1500 as their solicitor did not even have a breakdown of arrears and fees. I am just coming to clearing the arrears next month, after the court order of paying an extra £135 per month. When I spoke to rooftop on the phone they started hinting at payment of the fees, whats the chance of trying to reduce/get rid of these as they have also charges interest on top totalling £600, i find it unbeilavable that they can charge £6000 for doing nothing, apart from solcitors costs in court but even they were useless. Should I complain????

• 1 year later...

Has anyone any updates on this thread

ie Has anyone received a refund from the high charges which Rooftop imposed and if so what sort of refund did they agree to?

Once you have a final letter from Rooftops saying that they either won't reduce or refund your charges then you should send this to the FOS. It is not a quick fix they should be able to get them to refund you. I would not advise the court route.

As far as I am aware charges are not accruing interest if they are, that is very very naughty of them.

Now we are upto date with our mortgage arrears we are going to tackle this again this weekend. I know we have a huge amount and it must have grown since we last looked at it a couple of years ago. Everytime we pay our mortgage they always bring up about the charges and how we intend to clear them - well they are NOW just about to find out.

• 7 months later...

Not sure where everyone is at and whether they were sucessful in reclaiming either all or part of the excessive charges with Rooftops.

It has recently come to my attentiion that our Mortgage has been sold in 2007 by Rooftop to Farringdon Mortgages No 1 PLC.

Our Land registry shows that Rooftop still own the mortgage.

It has also come to my attention that FM1 PLC will try and repossess as many properties as they can.

I would like to know if anyone has been successful in reclaiming any of their mortgage charges?

If anyone has been reposses or been threatened?

If anyone is aware that their mortgage has been sold on and how they found out?

Hi Tuttsi - I had a Rooftops mortgage and it was sold on to Future Mortgages, I had a letter from Rooftops advising the transfer. I am no longer with Future but both those companies are in J.P. Morgan's 'boat' now. The broker that set up the deal (Intermediary Servicing t/a National and Capital) is also owned now by JP Morgan, all having been bought as part of the Bear Stearn deal. All of these are in the hands of the FOS for there dubious contracts, charges, fees and commissions. JP Morgan have passed one of the complaints on to an actuary to assess but this is parallel to the FOS investigations. I think the note of interest was changed on the deed to Future as I recall but these rules are so complex arent they - whole boxes of mortgages might only need single notice to land registry depending on value I think or if they are buy to lets??? Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree a budget sheet with the joint income of the family + if you quoted the Cheltenham and Gloucester v Norgan case paying the arrears over the rest of the term of your mortgage.

So for example £1700 arrears, and you have 10 years left and you owe £1700 = £14.17 monthly.

Also as in my previous posts I know for a fact that Rooftops have sold our mortgages

mine is owned elsewhere but is not on the land registry.

But I have actual evidence that they do now not own the mortgages. T

he whole purpose of this is to liquidate as many as homes as possible for a return of monies.

I will be back with the document where I found ours and it was not on Rooftops accounts as I have these as well.

There is also Farringdon 2 who have purchased more Rooftop Mortgages.

I am told this is a police matter in the way that these companies are stealing our homes.

FARRINGDON MORTGAGES NO1 PLC 2010 ACCOUNTS.pdf

I have found out by someone in the know that ours was sold to Farringdon No1 PLC, now the land registry does not show that they own it but I do have a document in now my possession that clearly shows ( as part of a bunch that was sold) that our mortgage was sold to Farringdon and Rooftops are just acting as collector of the monies. It is a complete [problem] the way these companies treat us as they have NOT advised us that they do not own the mortgage.

My post no 3 on this post shows the attachement of Farringdon Mortgages No1 PLC http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?344749-Pmendez-v-Rooftop-mortgages

An ex policeman on another forum has advised after seeing and reviewing the evidence has agreed that this is really a police matter.

A further document from Rooftop also which has come into my possession from a different source clearly shows that the aim is to repossess as many mortgages as they can.

I also know they sold another batch to Farringdon Mortgages No2 PLC as well.

Please if anyone wants any further info just let me know.

Hi Tuttsi - I had a Rooftops mortgage and it was sold on to Future Mortgages, I had a letter from Rooftops advising the transfer. I am no longer with Future but both those companies are in J.P. Morgan's 'boat' now. The broker that set up the deal (Intermediary Servicing t/a National and Capital) is also owned now by JP Morgan, all having been bought as part of the Bear Stearn deal. All of these are in the hands of the FOS for there dubious contracts, charges, fees and commissions. JP Morgan have passed one of the complaints on to an actuary to assess but this is parallel to the FOS investigations. I think the note of interest was changed on the deed to Future as I recall but these rules are so complex arent they - whole boxes of mortgages might only need single notice to land registry depending on value I think or if they are buy to lets??? Hope this helps.
Edited by TUTTSI