Auto renewal didnt renew, just cancelled

ben365
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

For years i have always received notification from my car insurance company that my policy will autorenew on X date if i dont contact them.

In Dec 22 my father was taken ill and was in intensive care, i received an email from my insurer confirming my renewal was close.  As i was dealing with the illness of my father i didn't read the small print on the email which said if i didnt contact them my policy would end.

I am now in the unfortunate situation where a,) my father passed away at Christmas, b.) my car has recently been stolen c.) and i have discovered i have no insurance to make a claim

My question or request for helps is.... can i push my previous insurer for help due to the way the renewal just ended or is there any other help i can get from anywhere else

thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, it is up to the policyholder to ensure they have Insurance, so the Insurers will not consider backdating Insurance and therefore they will not accept any claim.

Insurance companies are not under any obligation to offer automatic renewal. The Insurance renewal documents are issued about 3 weeks before renewal stating actions required to renew the Insurance. And it is up to policyholder to know the Insurance renewal date and to ensure they have continuous Insurance.

If the Police find out who stole your car and they are eventually prosecuted in court, you can ask the Court to consider adding restitution costs for any loss you have suffered. Then whoever stole your car would be required to make payments towards your loss.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread