JCI/BPO chasing old Perfect Homes/Brighthouse debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am looking for some help please based on a letter I received dated 10th January 2023 that has come from BPO Collections. I was advised by a friend to come here.

The letter ( attached) states I owe £6,635 and needs repaying. Based on this information I can confirm the following:

1 I honestly really am not sure what this debt relates to - this is the first correspondence I have had regarding this since living at my address I am currently residing at from June 2012

2- If I was to guess what it is and it really really is a guess (related to a relationship breakdown) is possibly a bill from EDF energy

3- If my guess is right then this would relate to an address I lived at prior to June 2012

4 - having checked my credit file (checkmyfile) there is nothing showing for this amount

I am very worried as I am ready to buy my first house at the end of this year with my new partner. Could anyone please point me in the right direction of what steps i need to take please.

BPO 10012023.pdf

dont worry about any debt that old - it will now be well statute barred and any DCa is NOT A BAILIFF and have ZERO legal powers on any debt - no matter what its type . but it wont be a util bill jci dont buy those . so this will be a loan or something.

but as i said forget it being anything bad or that can ever effect finances after all this time.

simply copy the letter and staple it to our statute barred letter which you'll find in the debt collection section of our library.

job done debt dead buried gone parrot .

sadly this is all dca's can ever do is try and scam people.

dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as i said and staple a copy of the BPO letter too it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Absolutely SB as dx says

If I remember correctly Jefferson bought a load of Monument Card debts around that time 

But absolutely nothing to worry about 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had a response.

They say in the letter (attached) that last payment was made to a previous DCA before them in 2017.

I don't re-call another company before them handling it, as it was so long ago.

The company who I know now was Perfect Home and I know it was late 2016 when I made a payment direct to them.

Could you kindly advise what I should next please?

Appreciate your time and help with this.

Document_2023-02-12_171008 1234.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to JCI/BPO chasing old Perfect Homes/Brighthouse debt

moved you to the 

BrightHouse and other "rent to own" Hire Purchase Stores - Consumer Action Group

forum

click the above and have a read of a few threads 

we know them very very well..

PH went bust last year following the spectacular ruling against brighthouse a few years previous of having to pay consumers they scammed some £14.7M back.

i would not believe a word anyone claims about the supposed debt they own now from the above.

they'll be zero real records, rumours have it in the months before the final fold of BH, they employed a fleet of industrial shredding firms to tour the country destroying everything they could before the FCA ruled against them.

id not stress about this.

perfect homes/brighthouse 

were you parchance around that time involved with stepchange or payplan debt management firms and paying small token payments via a DMP? across all your debts?

dx

and they

IMHO yes

unless you ever get a letter of claim.

dx

and they