Retailers DPD returns label moved to another parcel? - £2k graphics card - retailer got a tub of disco equipment! - won't refund.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I ordered a rather expensive computer part (£1949) from an online retailer which I then wanted to return unopened.

The retailer arranged collection of this through DPD, who picked up the parcel the next morning. It was then delivered back to the retailer, who have refused to refund me, as instead of a graphics card arriving in a cardboard box, some various disco equipment has been delivered to them in a large plastic tub.

The retailer sent me a photo of thus tub and it does indeed have my shipping label on it, but there is also a handwritten name/ business address attached to the tub with a return address that is almost 300 miles from my home.

When I spoke to DPD they said the collection was made using the retailers account so it is up to them to claim, however when I spoke to the retailer that have said they can't find any info on their systems arranging a return collection so I need to take it up with DPD.

DPD took a photo of the cardboard box when the collected it from myself, so I presume they will have that stored somewhere which would demonstrate that an entirely different parcel was delivered.

Right now the feedback that I am getting from the retailer is that they are unable to help. The odds of a shipping label falling off my box and attaching itself to another parcel with no label on it seems extremely remote...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

you could try a chargeback, but the sad fact is if the retailer gets proof of a delivery, then the bank will reverse the chrgeback

DPD are your target , there are numerous court wins, indeed one today.

the process is the same as any evri threads.

i suggest you read a good few 10's of evri threads here , then you'll learn the process to unleash upon DPD.

use our enhanced google searchbox

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Faulty graphics card returned to online retailer by their label - contents swapped - DPD Courier.

Thanks very much for the replies, reading through posts now.

Is the fact the collection was rearranged/paid for through the retailers account relevant or not? At the end of the day, DPD collected items that I personally owned at the time and agreed to deliver them so not sure the retailer has any part to play here even though they paid for the service?

i believe the win today , (legally) is almost your exact same situation.? 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Retailers DPD returns label moved to another parcel? - £2k graphics card - retailer got a tub of disco equipment! - won't refund.

Thanks a lot. Yes very similar I believe. This only kicked off yesterday so I'll give DPD and the retailer a few days to come back to my complaints first, it will also give myself time to read up. 

One thing I'm struggling with is that I live in Scotland, but the retailer and DPD are both England based. As far as I can see all contracts/purchases originated in England so presuming I would use the English system?

Thanks again

you can yes.

dx

and they

Subbing as l have a dpd issue. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.