Return of an item purchased online - retailer states I need to take it to store

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes do a chargeback.

However Waitrose's returns policy says you can arrange a collection from home and does not say that there is a minimum size or value to obtain this. So a bit out of order here. I'd be tempted to quote that too them and say that unless they arrange a collection you're going for a chargeback.

"How do I return an item/items?

You may return your items(s) via any Waitrose & Partners (except branches in Welcome Break; the Channel Islands; Scotland; Wales; Foodhalls at John Lewis & Partners; and Waterside).

Simply take your item(s) to the branch Welcome Desk along with the delivery note. You'll receive an email to confirm when we have received the item/items at our Cellar by Waitrose & Partners central warehouse.

Then we will refund you as promptly as possible but usually with 7 days of the goods being received at our central warehouse.

Alternatively, we can arrange for your item(s) to be collected from your home. Please contact us (see delivery note) and we will arrange for a courier to collect the item(s), usually the next working day (we are unable to make collections on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays).

We will refund you as promptly as possible but usually with 7 days of the goods being received at our central warehouse."

• Like 1

Well done and I'd go with time saved for you and them.

Have look at this as to whether it would be unsafe to drink. So a taste might tell you if it's OK or not.

WWW.KITCHENSANITY.COM

Does vodka go bad? How long does vodka last? A sealed bottle of vodka can last almost indefinitely. Here is how to store it and know when it has gone bad.

• Like 1