Return of an item purchased online - retailer states I need to take it to store

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a bottle of Vodka online from Waitrose before Christmas.  The seal on the bottle was damaged so I contacted Waitrose customer service to raise a return.

At first they advised they would arrange a Yodel collection of the item however once I asked them what day the collection would occur they then advised as I was only returning x1 bottle, that I needed to take it to a store.

I've told them subsequently that if they don't' arrange a collection or some other method for me to be able to return the item that I will instruct my bank to perform a chargeback and give them 30 days to collect their damaged item.

Can anyone advise regards the requirements for them to offer a method return of goods purchased via distance selling?  Making me go to store, which I'm not prepared to do, seems unfair and an avoidance of their obligations.

I referenced the returns details shared by Santorini along with a URL to the page and reiterated that I will action a chargeback.

They replied today advising that they will refund the cost of the Vodka and that they recommend I do not drink it if I feel that the seal has been damaged.

I'm certainly not going to drink it! 

I'll see if the refund appears in the next few days...  

I guess the time/effort/cost of dealing with the chargeback outweighs the cost of refunding and not cost effective to return just one item?

• Like 1

it is a bottle of this:

WWW.WAITROSECELLAR.COM

Order Vestal Black Cherry Vodka Vodka online today from Waitrose Cellar

...so the discolouration my not be able to spot.

The seal itself was damaged and 'half off'.  I don't believe the stopper had been removed.  Do you think it may be ok to get Mrs P to try it first? :-)

They only refunded the £18 cost of the Vodka initially, despite advising they would refund the full £23.95 (item + delivery) so I had to contact them again to ask for the delivery fee to be refunded also.

Now I've been refunded in full (and Mrs P is still alive).

Thanks for your advise/support!