Evri - The parcel(s) went missing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evri undoubtedly have had a surge of demand following Royal Mail strike action. The mark of a good business is having adequate contingencies to cope with demand - and - it being Christmas time, that demand surely was expected?
Evri / EVRi has a very long track record of poor customer service it would seem from searching on Google. It is fair to say, that such a business model presents significant challenges - however - it would appear, the challenges faced are not handled well at all.

Background

I've sent multiple packages via Evri. I'm focussing on two that haven't arrived. My approach is differing from most complaints in a few aspects. 

I have been unable to engage well with Evri as their points of contact are overwhelmed, or non functional.

Letter

EVRi Parcelnet Limited
Capitol House
1 Capitol Close
Morley
Leeds
West Yorkshire
LS27 0WH

**************
                                                                                                *********
                                                                                                *******
                                                                                                *******
                                                                                                *******@****************.com

20 DECEMBER 2022

Re:
P1 – COMPLAINT – STANDARDS & PROCEDURES
P2 – NOTIFICATION OF CLAIM

In regards to:
****************** – ******** / SENT ON 02/12/22 – STATED AS DELAYED 05/12/22
Contents: Apple Airpods / Second user / EBay item: 255844733492 / Sale value: £142

****************** – ******** / SENT ON 08/12/22 – STATED ‘SORTING AT HUB’ 10/12/22
Contents: Tokens / New / EBay item: 255853294725 / Sale Value £10

P1 – COMPLAINT – STANDARDS & PROCEDURES

I have found it challenging to engage with your company to highlight missing items. All avenues to address any issues result in a ‘closed loop’ of automation with no avenue for address:

An example of your online counter intuitive website process is:
Google Search – Evri Complaints
Evri – How do I complain about your services > Contact Friendly Customer Service Team > It’s something else > Start a Chat > Enter Parcel Tracking details > Parcel has been delayed > Do you want to track another item?

There is no option to speak to an advisor.

An example of your telephone automated process is:
0300 808 5456 > Enter tracking Number (Number of missing item entered) > “No Description found for tracking point”

There is no option to speak to an advisor.

If a tracking number of a DELIVERED item is entered, an option is given to speak to an advisor, followed by the message “Sorry, there are too many people in the que”.

An extensive search through google provides very few answers of how to reach out to you, however, a very many websites with worrying information can be found on your company about poor customer services, missing packages (in particular) and many many news articles, including photographs of the treatment of packages, and accusations of theft.

My findings have left me feeling that you are very much in reproach of best practice examples for customer service.

Absolutely no consideration is taken for those with enhanced needs, and those who may struggle under adequate circumstances to contact you.

I have found the entire process of searching to be exceptionally time consuming, and impactive on my otherwise strong mental health.

One of my potential solutions came from a public forum with the email address for your CEO. I have not had a response.

I also found ‘Resolver’, a third party complaints website, as a way to contact you, where someone replied that I should contact ‘The Sender’. To clarify, I am the Sender, but, regardless, I was told to speak to myself about the matter. It has seemed I’ve done nothing but for the last week.

This is unacceptable, and for clarification, I must ask you, is this process (or lack of) by design? Is it your intent to make post order contact challenging?

P2 – NOTIFICATION OF CLAIM

I used your services under the abovementioned reference numbers, ordered directly on your website, labels printed on my printer. Your ‘Next Day’ service is frequently used, my learning has been that 'Next Day' is unlikely to be delivered any quicker than standard.

My packages are always ‘Over Packed’, meaning, an excessive level of bubble wrap is used, an excessive level of pallet wrap, thick tape over the entirety of the package to avoid a label coming free, Invoice with return details are within each package.

The packages were dropped off at the parcel shop and entrusted into your system.

Both stated packages have now stagnated, and, I believe it is a safe assumption, they will not arrive.

In the case of the more expensive of items, the buyer has been refunded their full amount automatically by EBay as I am unable to provide progression on the status of their item delivery.

I claim that you now owe me £152. As the value is low, I am willing to accept this as a credit to my account against future postage costs.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 14 days from this letter, I will initiate legal proceedings against you in the County Court without any further notice, I will also consider claiming costs at this stage.

Sincerely

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Draft. I'm very far from an expert at this. Mental Health is my speciality (to which this has had an impact dealing with the eBay side of things)

Any input is most welcome.

Edited by dx100uk

Don't send that letter.

It's far too wordy. It's almost impossible to understand and you will be better making much shorter messages using simple English.

I hope you don't mind me asking – whether English is your first language?

Yes, I was thinking to keep it more simple. Just really angry at them.

You are possibly the first to ever pick up ever  English is not my first language! 

I even sound English, ish, with a lisp! 

Edited by dx100uk

I expect that others were simply too polite to point it out to you.

Have you done the reading around this sub- forum at the enormous number of EVRi stories that we have? If you haven't then that's the place to start. Make yourself thoroughly familiar with the way that these cases go, the principles involved, and also the letters that we write.

Draft an initial letter of complaint, keep it straightforward and to the point and stop trying to use grandiose language. Post it here and we will have a look

Many thanks Bank. Yes, I had a look.
I'm all for driving to their head office. Sick of poor standards. Will review and re write.

More needs to be done really.

That Comfy seat should be in a tank, blocking their car park entrance.

But many companies are likewise to this. It's dreadful.