InPost/City Sprint - lost parcel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies for my ignorance, I've read some posts but would be very grateful if someone could outline the steps involved in making a complaint. 

I used InPost to send a large box to my daughter - this contained valuable clothing but no receipts unfortunately because they are vintage/heirloom items.

What my daughter received was a small soft package containing a kids toy.

InPost have now admitted there is no chance of retrieving the box and have offered just £20 compensation because the 'service I purchased has no insurance cover' (not that there was any option to purchase such insurance during the purchasing of the postage).

What do I do next, i.e. do I reject the £20 and move to a formal complaint?

If so, are there any templates for this?

Does the fact that I don't have receipts for many of the items invalidate any potential claim?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Please will you be careful to space and punctuate your posts correctly.
It is very difficult to read blocks of text on the small screen – especially telephones.

Can you give us details of when this happened, how with the item's declared? What value was given and was that the correctly declared value?

Was this a UK consignment?

In addition to dealing with these questions you should start off by reading as many of the stories on this sub- forum as you can handle over the next couple of days. This means lots of them. Although most of the stories deal with EVRi, the rules are basically all the same.

It seems a bit strange that they don't ask for any valuation and they don't offer any enhanced compensation scheme – even though that would be unenforceable.

What do you say is the value of your lost items?
Please can you list out at least the major items and their value.

Do you have any evidence of value?

Please can you post up the message you had saying that they wouldn't compensate you because there was no insurance. If they said this then surely somewhere there must be some insurance.

Value of the items is £1000 - they are various items of designer clothing that we have itemised in our dealings with InPost.

Here's the bit where they talk about insurance: 

"I can see that you have already confirmed the contents and value of the parcel (Clothing items worth around £1000), however, the service you've purchased has no insurance cover in the event of loss or damage caused meaning we can't offer the full value of your item."

the consumer has to pay an extra extra fee, so that if the courier company lose it, or steal the contents, only THEN would they reimburse the consumer in full... :pound:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay. That's fine to the extent that they acknowledge that there was a valuation.

You may be required to verify the value to some extent so a list of the items would be a good idea.

Please can you post up a PDF of the items – tabulated against their values. And totalled

who was the courier here??

clickme^^

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was InPost using those lockers at a local petrol station.

Clearly the courier fancied the box for himself and switched to the worthless item my daughter received - it’s just so frustrating that they can get away with this!

inpost are not the people that collect/deliver parcels to/from the inpost cabinets.

who was the courier that might have switched / stolen the contents?

dx

and they

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

who was the courier here??

clickme^^

so you didnt read the above threads then.......

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to InPost/City Sprint - lost parcel