Evri - stolen gift cards spent within 24hrs of being stolen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, looking for advice on how we can successfully put a smalls claim in against Evri. I will try to be as detailed as possible but reading multiple posts on here there are so many people experiencing the same issue(s)!.

My mam used evri to collect and deliver a parcel to me which had my son's birthday and Chrismas presents in. She paid for a 2 day delivery, expecting the parcel to me for 18/11/22. We know the parcel has been stolen due to my mam wrapping gift cards inside of the other presents, which have been spent. There is no way the cards would of just 'fallen out' due to them bring wrapped inside other gifts, which were in wrapping paper and her using a ridiculous amount of tape on the box. 

11/11/22. My mam arranged for a parcel to be collected by evri 

15/11/22 local driver collected parcel 

16/11/22 at 8.15am the tracking updated on every website to say they have the parcel at the local sorting centre. 

Then nothing. My mam chased up on 22/11/22 and had no reply, this is when she was worrying and told me about the gift cards in the parcel. We checked the balance on the gift cards and low and behold they had been spent. On 17/11/22, at a JD sports just 30mins drive from their eccles sorting depot. 

I have contacted the police and been given a crime reference number but contacting Evri is getting us nowhere. The claim form doesn't work and we receive the same reply that they are looking for the parcel and will forward if found. Despite us sending them proof of the tracking stopping and the spend on the cards the next day. 

The police have advised us to report to action fraud, which we have, as they believe it to be theft in transit and fraud (using the gift cards when not intended for them). But now we don't really know how to move forward and get it through small claims. Apologies for our ignorance.

The total cost of the parcel was around £450, including the two gift cards, my mam had also put the usual, clothes, toys etc. All of this gone because either someone at the hub, or a driver taking it back out, decided to have a rummage :(. 

Any advice at all is welcomed! Thank you 😌😌

tracking+gift cards cashed proof.pdf

You will need to do some solid reading of the EVRi posts on this sub- forum. Start with the link here – EVRi – which will start to inform you as to general principles.

You are probably looking at at least a day or two of reading so that you thoroughly understand the process, how it all pans out, and the principles involved.

Meanwhile, please can you tell us a bit more clearly and in a shorter form:

What are the parcel contain?
What is the value?
Was the item correctly declared?
Was the value correctly declared?
Did you get their so-called insurance?

Are you saying that the parcel contained gift cards which have now been used?

Where did the gift cards come from?

36 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

You will need to do some solid reading of the EVRi posts on this sub- forum. Start with the link here – EVRi – which will start to inform you as to general principles.

You are probably looking at at least a day or two of reading so that you thoroughly understand the process, how it all pans out, and the principles involved.

Meanwhile, please can you tell us a bit more clearly and in a shorter form:

What are the parcel contain?
What is the value?
Was the item correctly declared?
Was the value correctly declared?
Did you get their so-called insurance?

Are you saying that the parcel contained gift cards which have now been used?

Where did the gift cards come from?

Hi 

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll start reading up on the other posts. 

The parcel contained child's clothing- gift cards wrapped in the clothes,  3-4 toy sets, monster trucks and some men's and women's perfume.

I need to double check the value with my mam but it's around £450

It was correctly declared along with the value, I have asked my mam to send me over the emails for the booking with evri. I believe the parcel was 9.8kg

Value was stated correctly and she paid for additional insurance although I need her to double check how much. Her shifts are horrendous so she's not had much chance to send me everything over.

The parcel contained gift cards that have been spent. They were preloaded gift cards and they show as used on 17/11/22 near Manchester. My mam lives in Cumbria and me in Durham.

• Thanks 1

In the meantime, draft a letter of complaint to EVRi and post it to them at their registered address first class recorded delivery.

Post the draft here first of all for us to have a look at it.

The letter relatively short – explaining what happened that a parcel value XXX containing XXX – reference number XXX was placed in their care for delivery to a UK address.

The parcel has not been delivered and in fact gift cards which were contained in it has now apparently been used.

Clearly the parcel has been stolen and you want full reimbursement.

Point out that you have tried to reach them by normal channels and this proves to be impossible.

Tell them that you want a reply and your reimbursement in full within seven days

2 hours ago, BankFodder said:

In the meantime, draft a letter of complaint to EVRi and post it to them at their registered address first class recorded delivery.

Post the draft here first of all for us to have a look at it.

The letter relatively short – explaining what happened that a parcel value XXX containing XXX – reference number XXX was placed in their care for delivery to a UK address.

The parcel has not been delivered and in fact gift cards which were contained in it has now apparently been used.

Clearly the parcel has been stolen and you want full reimbursement.

Point out that you have tried to reach them by normal channels and this proves to be impossible.

Tell them that you want a reply and your reimbursement in full within seven days

Thanks! 

I have asked my mam to send me the details and total of everything in the parcel and will get a letter out in the post for signed delivery. 

I spoke with my mam a short while ago and she's tried to get a reply from them using a website called resolver? It seems like it's where you can log the cases and keep track and Evri have responded but they are just repeating what the previous agent has said before. 

Quick draft here; 

I am contacting you regarding a parcel that was in transit with yourselves. The parcel was requested on a two delivery and was collected on 15/11/22.

On 16/11/22 the parcel was received at your sorting hub at 8.15am. The parcel reference number C00HHA0285217819.

The parcel value of XXX containing XXX

Parcel reference number C00HHA0285217819 was placed in your care for delivery to a UK address.

The parcel has not been delivered and in fact gift cards which were contained in it have now been used. On 17/11/22, when the parcel was still believed to be at the Evri sorting hub, as per tracking, the gift cards were spent in a JD sports 30 minutes from your Eccles Depot.

Clearly the parcel has been stolen and I want full reimbursement.

This has been reported to the Police (theft in transit) and Action Fraud (use of gift cards). 

Crime reference number:CRI/06LL/0036919/22

Action fraud reference number: NFRC221105529229

We have tried to contact you multiple times via the normal channels, as well as Resolver and receive automated responses. 

I want a reply to and full reimbursement within seven days.

Edited by tracshar
Wrong wording
  • Like 1

Register onto the MoneyClaim county court website and open account there and start preparing your claim .

You can save your work as you go .

When you draught your particulars of claim, post it here so we can have a look before you click the claim off .

The next step will be to send a letter of claim giving them 14 days or else you will start the legal action .

It is highly likely that you will have to begin the legal action .

Make sure that you read up on this forum on the steps involved taking a small claim in the county court

Thank you 😊 

I have started the MCOL, it's asked if I want to charge interest? I have selected 'no' on this? 

My letter of complaint I am still waiting for my mam to send me the particulars so we can ensure its correct. 

I am assuming the police have contacted Evri. Evri have emailed my mam with the crime reference number, which we haven't previously provided them with. The email had a working claim form. Following that, fairly quickly too, an email was sent to my mam from a Stephen Ryan at EvriSupport@evri.com asking for proof of purchase and list of contents, although I feel we will provide the details and get fobbed off 

You should say - yes - to interest

And of course keep cooperating with EVRi – there is an outside chance that they may pay you.

However, don't get delayed. Set the timescales, set the schedule – keep control.

Make sure you post a draft letter of claim here and also draft particulars of claim as well

• BankFodder changed the title to Evri - stolen gift cards spent within 24hrs of being stolen

That's fine. Send off immediately.

Prepare a letter of claim – using your existing letter as the model. You won't have to change much except to threaten court proceedings at the end of 14 days and also to head it – Letter of Claim.

Hi 

Sorry for the late response. 

The letter of complaint went yesterday morning but we have been still speaking to evri via email. They have declined to reimburse for the full value because the "insurance" limit they have. A letter of claim got posted this morning stating all the same as the letter of complaint but I have amended to say we expect a reply in 14 days or we will be issuing court proceedings and headed it letter of claim.

The particulars of claim, should I use the skeleton argument template mentioned in the threads? 

Thanks again for your help! 

Edited by tracshar
Missed a bit

Please can you remind me about the value declared in the insurance.

Although having their insurance doesn't guarantee reimbursement – I'm interested in the fact that they seem to be saying that their insurance limit prevents them from giving full reimbursement.

How much reimbursement are they prepared to give?

Okay, don't worry. As long as the money hasn't been accepted in full and final settlement – which I'm sure it hasn't – then you simply continue and the rest.

This is a unilateral payment and of course the effect is that you have less money to claim from them as a good thing.

No change in strategy

However, I don't understand why if it was fully declared and fully insured, the basis upon which they have offered you only a reduced settlement.

Are they saying that the items were prohibited?
Are they saying that that was the maximum value which was declared?

What is going on?

I have asked my mam to double check what she selected, she said she "upgraded the cover".  She declared all the items in the parcel but I don't think she fully understood the value/insurance so I have asked her to send me all the booking details so I can check. 

I have looked at their T&C's and they note that gift cards are non refundable in the event of loss and damage. 

They didn't note anything in full and final settlement. We emailed them back and said that we are seeking full reimbursement and that their offer of £58.44 is unacceptable.

Would the skeleton argument be the document I need to refer to for my particulars of claim?

Don't worry about their non-refundable list. It is irrelevant .

However, the declared value is important.

You would only be able to reclaim the declared value

I think you will need to establish very clearly that you did put in evaluation for the cards .

If you aren't able to do this then I think that your chances of claiming the money back are very slim .