Invoice received for overpayment of wages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people,

I've just got a letter from my former NHS employer stating that I owe them £631.01 as they overpaid me in my final wage due to 'the late receipt of your staff termination form'. And also that includes 14.7 hours of overpaid holiday. This has to be paid in 14 days and I now have 9 days to pay.

Now I extended my leave period from one to two weeks to properly handover my work (I'd been there under 3 months) and there was quite a lot of difficulty in getting my manager to complete the right forms that I think were related to this (leavers form!?). Through all of this there was no mention of the likelihood of an overpayment or that there was any problems with my Annual Leave, I was even in touch with HR. Now I get this.

Do I have to pay this in 9 days!? It seems ridiculous, especially as I haven't been paid by my new job so I don't have the money to pay them, in fact I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to get through this month anyway. To pay that would mean I'm not eating, driving anywhere or paying most of my bills.

not a lot they can do if you dont pay it within their 'deadline', they cant just off to court nor send anyone around to just get it, they would have to abide by the pre action protocol etc etc.

write them a letter explaining what happened as you have above but expand on that part further, though id leave out your present issues.

ask them for a full breakdown, i'd also copy in your old HR Dept.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...