Creditor asked for CCA, but has only provided an account statement - what next?

echox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been trying to help a disabled friend who has lost their job due to ill health, and out of five creditors, four have been amazingly helpful, but one (oddly with the lowest balance) has been a nightmare.

The debt in questions dates back to 1995 and was part of a DMP for the past 10 years, and has been sold to at least two debt collection companies.

After a lot of stress and pointless back and forth over the account, my friend got fed up, and requested an account statement, and a copy of the CCA which was accepted but that was three months ago, and they'd heard nothing back until yesterday.....

It seems the creditor has sent a letter with enclosed paperwork, which was just a list of payment dates and amounts since 2007, when the debt was sold to who currently owns it.

No terms and conditions or any contract elements whatsoever were included, there's not even a reference to the original creditor in the payments/statement.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me - does this constitute a CCA at all, or does my friend need to keep waiting for this creditor to produce one?

From the wording of their letter it seems they think that it does constitute a CCA, and want my friend to get in touch to discuss next steps.

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks so much.

of course it doesn't!!

stop her blindly paying any DCA anything on any debt.

she got hd by the DMP company on day one and should never had paid anyone  anything.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...