New card today, will ecomomy or £value make payments harder in the future?

mrk1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got a credit card, first one  I have got to be honest, big purchase coming up (house related)... 

My question is,

with the british economy in freefall right now, will this say £3500 limit be much harder to pay off in say 1 year when and if the pound is worth 25% less than what it is now?

I know with inflation goods and services become much more expensive, so money / cash is much harder to come by (unless you sell food, energy or fuel of course!), so this could make paying it off a bit harder, but I want to know does a weaker pound make it harder, as in do banks actually make more from rising inflation after a contract is set??

Its not that value of the £ that matters here

Its the interest that is set. If you do not pay within an Interest Free Period then it could mean higher interest rates to pay off. 

Value of the pound only matters in international payments for the most part. Overseas Payments / EXC Rates. 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

2 years interest free, 29% APR. 

Yes good shout on the international side of things, makes sense. 

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

• dx100uk changed the title to New card today, will ecomomy or £value make payments harder in the future?