4800 GBP watch sent with Evri, magically lost in the HUB **RESOLVED**

PawelR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and firstly thank you for this wonderful forum

I will try to keep it short and sweet for now. Sold a watch on ebay for 4800 gbp and sent it with Evri/Packlink. I should have done my research before doing so, but I couldnt imagine things like that happen in a first world country. 

Dropped it on sep 4th, declared lost by Packlink 14 days later. Got a few generic email for them telling me I "need" to make a claim directly with them(Packlink). 

Didnt file for the "refund", just went straight into writing a letter of claim, which you find attached. Sending it on tuesday, can you have a look at it?
Preparing my particulars of claim tommorow.

Many Thanks, Paw

aaa.pdf

My advice will be to take a step back and look at things logically with a clear head.

As it is a high value item lost/stolen, the first thing you need to do is report it to the police and get a Unique Reference Number

You simply cannot go straight to court with a letter before action under pre action protocol. You need to send a formal complaint for refund in writing directly to the courier company you contracted with. (Use Recorded Delivery)

From memory, they then have eight weeks to give you a full and final response in writing to that complaint. Only then can you issue a 14 day letter before action.

Take it you insured the item against loss or damage??

Wait for more comments though and hold off on that letter

My advice, next time use Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Going by recent evri threads here that ended in court and success, you don't HAVE to send a complaint letter but more importantly don't have to wait the STD 56days . The last one used here gave 10 days .then onto LOC and day 15 issue mcol claim.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Interesting in what you say, but do you have a link where you do not have to send a letter of complaint prior to litigation as it is a part of pre action protocol? Say from Trading Standards, Which, etc?

Give the retailer an opportunity to put right that complaint before civil action

Not doubting you but need confirmation

Edited by whitelist

@whitelistI was led to believe there is no need for that. My plan is to make it short and sweet as I will be leaving to the US next year. Trying to make it to the mediation phase by then and then get someone to represent me if it takes too long.

When it is all done I will pay someone to create a nice infographic showing the steps that need to be taken in order to get your money back. 

@dx100ukThanks for your reassurance. Sending it tommorow

Edited by PawelR

Simply look at the recent evri claimform threads.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thing is am not asking about previous threads, am requesting where it states a dispute letter is no longer required as a matter of Law prior to civil action, as in Statute.

Don't wish to sound obnoxious, just seeking objectivity and fact

If it were any other defendant bar evri I would totally agree 

But Just from this forum alone double figure court claims were reached months if not a year ago and given we see very few, I expect the total now exceeds triple figures 

Evri will only respond with their remittance form anyway, which results in about £25 or a total rebuttal that the item was not insured or a voided item 

7 or 10 days only IF the op wants to complain 1st.  There is very little that can happen to a member of Joe public if they omit to complain 1st under the pre action protocol

Dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

so this is now resolved?

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to 4800 GBP watch sent with Evri, magically lost in the HUB **RESOLVED**