Texts from Harlands, JD Gyms DD Cancelation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've read through many of the other posts here regarding Harland's group, as I've had texts from them myself, but would like some advice what to do now if I wanted to use this gym in the future.

In early June, I stopped attending my local JD Gym.  On the 18th of July, I cancelled my DD to JD Gyms, stupidly thinking that was all that was needed to cancel my membership.

The next day I received a text saying:

"Hi stressedstudent,

we've had a notification that you've cancelled your Direct Debit. Your access to JD Gyms will be affected. Please call us on 01942 914914 to resolve. Thank you, JD Gyms." 

Even though this is signed off from JD Gyms, on my phone the contact name comes up as Harlands.

I ignored this message thinking it wasn't a big deal as at that time, I didn't want to attend the gym.

On the 27th of July, I received another text message, this time saying that my DD had bounced, and again my access would be affected, asking me to call the same number.

After receiving this message I realised I should've give 30 days notice cancellation, so I went onto the JD Gyms website and filled out a cancellation form.

I couldn't give an exact date that I did this but was either the same day as this text message or very soon after.

On the 10th of August I received another text, this time saying: 

"Hi stressedstudent, following on from our previous contact you have arrears on your JD Gyms account due to missed payments. Your access to this gym is suspended until this is resolved. Please call us on 01942 914914. Thank you, JD Gyms."

Reading other threads, the advice is to just ignore them completely or send them a letter offering one month payment, and then ignore if they do not reply.

However, from October, I would actually like to rejoin this gym. The reason I cancelled in the first place was as I was moving home for summer, but come October I'll be back at uni where this gym is.

Should I ignore these text messages and rejoin with a new account?

Or do I need to pay these arrears if I want to rejoin the gym?

Thanks very much

You will have a hard time using the gym without paying back membership.

But you are not obligated to pay fake admin fees they are unlawful 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...