Website host MOONFRUIT takeover by YELL resulting in MOORCROFT debt collecting 2022

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI Foxtail,

I'm Jodie that wrote the original post about a month ago when Yell and Moorcroft contacted me.

Yes it sounds very similar.

If it's any use, I managed to sort the problem out finally, but it took quite a lot of time that i didn't have and got me really annoyed as well that I had to spend time sorting it out when it was all their fault.

The way I sorted it was, that I contacted Webeden, who I had my original sites with, before they sold their site-making brand to Moonfruit, who then sold it on to Yell.

Webeden kindly agreed to contact Yell for me and told them that I had cancelled all my sites with them. (Luckily I had cancelled them through Sitemaker payments and had a receipt which I showed to Webeden.)

So Webeden wrote to Yell to tell them.

Yell then sent me an email apologising that they had made a mistake (hmm) and  said they would contact Moorcroft to tell them to cancel the debt.

It wasn't actually that simple as Yell never bothered to do it, and I had to spend a week chasing them. Then Moorcroft said they never got the message and it just went on and on.

I don't like loose ends so I bugged them all till I finally got Moorcroft to write me a letter by post saying the debt collection was cancelled, but it took a lot of time and I am still amazed that Yell exists after all the scam reviews it has

Sorry for rant but you can see it still annoys me!

I would try contacting Webeden if you had dealings with them and they should write to Yell for you.

Webeden are also hard to reach - no phone contact but they do answer email messages from their site.

Let us know how it goes.

Sorry you have to go thru this as well.

• Like 1

Hi Foxtail,

YW, I did just write you a reply but I think it didn't send.

I was just saying: ok so you had no dealings with Webeden, well I also asked Yell to show me a link to  these sites that I apparently was having migrated and that now should be on Wix, and they couldn't!

They said it's because I never paid! So legally I'm sure they have no leg to stand on as there is nothing to show the migration was ever done, unless Yell have a record of it, who knows

I totally know how much time and effort it takes to sort out these kind of scams, it's a real nuisance.

I'd hate to pay as it's not fair; others here know more about the legal side and if Moorcroft are allowed to hassle you more. 

But if you need any back up against Yell and the websites just let me know and I can tell you what I said to Yell etc.

I cannot understand how Yell is allowed to continue and do all of this as there are 100s of complaints about them on Trust Pilot etc. It doesn't make sense, they should be closed down!