Problem with Yell and Moorcroft and Moonfruit for non-existent debt - June 2022, new scam? !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I just wondered if anyone has had this problem, and also to mark it up in case anyone else encounters it this month.

Out of the blue I got a debt recovery letter from Moorcroft, saying they were acting for Yell and I owed £146 

I never had any contract with Yell so I couldn't understand what it could  be.

I rang Yell and they said a few years ago i had some websites with Webeden which had expired long ago.

However Webeden had sold their web page creation team to a company called Moonfruit and Moonfruit had migrated my old websites

to a new hosting by Wix. Moonfruit were then taken over by Yell!

Apparently  I never paid the migration fee to Moonfruit and now Yell was chasing me for that debt via Moorcroft Debt Recovery!

The whole thing was nonsense to me, as I did have old websites with Webeden, but they were not in use, with no active domain names and

I wasn't interested in having them migrated or paying for it!

When I spoke to Yell, they said I needed to check my account with them  on their online site! I said I didn't ever have an account with them!

They told me to reset a password and an account in my name mysteriously appeared on their site, but I never set it up!

I explained that I these old sites were out of date and I'd never seen them migrated. They refused to listen.

So I wrote to Webeden and explained that there must be some mistake. 

Meanwhile I spent a frustrating  2 or 3 hour online chat box with someone from Yell called Ayananya  or something similar, who accused me of all sorts of things

and wound me up saying I had to pay this debt.

If you're still reading, thank you for your patience.

So finally Webeden must have contacted Yell, and I got an email from Yell saying, they had made an error and they had written to Moorcroft to ask them to remove the debt.

I was very pleased about this and let it go.

However a week later, I remembered things I had read about these debts escalating etc, so I thought I'd just ring Moorcroft to make sure the matter was resolved.

It may not come as a surprise when Moorcroft said to me, they could not close my account! I had sent them a copy of the  email from Yell, telling me it was an error.

Moorcroft said they'd never heard from Yell, telling them to cancel the debt, even though Yell said they had told  them!!

And that is where it stands at the moment.

Moorcroft said they are querying it with Yell and waiting for  communication from them!

I was so angry to have all this hanging over me, for an invoice  that I never even knew about ; for a service i never saw and which isn't online anyway - Yell checked and I have no migration sites! 

What a scam.

I really don't know how Yell is allowed to continue, after all the scams i  have read about here and on Trustpilot?

Why have they not been shut down - it's unbelievable!

I shall continue trying to resolve this and get Moorcroft to finalise the matter as I don't like loose ends.

I hope this helps anyone that is going through the same scam and will remind people never ever to have anything to do with Yell, Moonfruit or similar companies!

thanks guys for reading all that!

• Like 1

• jodie k changed the title to Problem with Yell and Moorcroft and Moonfruit for non-existent debt - June 2022, new scam? !

Topic moved to Debt Collection Agencies Forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry to hear about such a ridiculous malarkey.

Just ignore Moorcroft.  Think about things legally.  If you or I were in legal dispute, I could sue you and you could sue me.  Your best mate couldn't sue me, my next door neighbour couldn't sue you, it would have nothing to with them.  It's the same with Moorcroft and other debt collecting agencies.  It's not their debt so they have no power to do anything.  Throw their letters in the bin or get a hamster and use them as hamster bedding or have fun playing paper aeroplanes with them or some such.

You've got it in writing from Yell that there is no debt.  Case closed.  Well done.

• Like 2

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

1st never ever ring a DCA, they are not BAILIFFS, and have ZERO legal powers on ANY debt -no matter what it's type .

And they always lie on the phone

2nd, you fell for the oldest trick in the book an old website fee 

Ignore everyone

Dont ring write email or text

nothing anyone can do.

Just a scam 

Dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much FTMDave for your reply.

I don't have a hamster but I could use it for my cat to shred! I hear what you're saying; I just don't like loose ends and I wanted Moorcroft to write to me to say they are no longer looking to chase the debt, but maybe as you say, it's just best to ignore it ,if I can let it go! thank you again for reading all that! best wishes

thank you dx100UK for your advice.

I was scared that Moorcroft could instruct bailiffs.

I'm not sure how all this works, but glad to have the reassurance.

What a horrible pair of companies yell and moorcroft are! I don't understand how they get away with these things..

. thanks again

only courts can instruct bailiffs and thats following a lost court case.

no chance!!

dx

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, dx100uk said:

please also update your own thread jodie.

Dear DX,

sorry, i find this site really confusing - I can't see which is my thread about this and where to put the replies etc.

sorry i didn't update mine.

It's not easy for me to work out what is what.

If the admin can move my replies to where they should be that is great,

too many boxes and no clear buttons for where to reply?

my mistake,

thanks

Post moved to own topic.

• Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread