RM says item delivered but eBay buyer saying they have not received.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I am back on the group!

currently have an issue.. 

So back in May, I sold an item valued around £600. The customer needed this next day as the person was leaving to go to India. The item was for a friend. 

I suggested to the buyer that I only really use UPS rather than RM but the item would have arrived on the day he was leaving with UPS. I advised that I recently I’ve had problems with RM (which was true) but he insisted I used RM. I proceeded and now have this issue.

RM delivered the parcel to his flat (flat consists of about 6 flats in a building). The customer claims he didn’t get it.

After RM investigation they said the post man/woman delivered to the right address as per gps location. They also said that the post driver delivered to a Romanian woman (I find this very random and odd tbh, how did he know the person was Romanian and why did he deliver to that person). 

I went with escalations and now it’s with the postal review team. I have argued that even though it was delivered to the address it wasn’t delivered to the right flat. The address was something like 26 ‘RoadName’ but when looking at google maps the building shows there are flats 21-26 in that building. 

I have argued that despite it being in the location that doesn’t prove that the driver delivered to the right door. 

The customer has said RM left no notice to say it’s been delivered to a neighbour either. 

It’s hard to believe whether the person is genuine or not but now he has come back and insinuating I should refund him. He took this with eBay and they closed the case in my favour as it was delivered.

It’s left me so frustrated as I’ve done nothing but go out of my way for this guy even when eBay closed the case. He’s just arrived back from India so I’ve asked him to check with his neighbours as it’s a flat of about 6 flats. 

Is there anything that protects me at all? I really don’t believe RM should have given to a neighbour even though it wasn’t requested especially for an item I marked as valued over £600. I believe this is their fault and very lazy as a driver to go ahead and be so careless.

Thank you

Have you checked on the Royal Mail Address Finder whether each flat is listed as a separate address?

Postcode Finder - Find an address | Royal Mail Group Ltd

That will confirm whether the RM national address database recognises Flat 26 [using your example] as a separate address.

If it does then my understanding is that RM will deliver onlyto that address unless either the occupants or the sender have authorised RM to deliver it elsewhere if no-one was at home.

So if RM recognise Flat 26 as an address on the national address database, and if they say that's where they delivered it (ie someone in Flat 26 accepted it), then IMO you are entitled to accept that it has been delivered to the address you sent it to. I'd ignore the stuff about a Romanian woman. Even if true it's irrelevant. Note that RM do not have to deliver to the person named on the package. Their legal obligation is only to deliver to the address.

Maybe it's a try on by the purchaser, maybe it's a genuine misunderstanding, maybe it's a scam. Who knows. But if RM confirm delivered to Flat 26 then I think you should hold firm and just say 'No' to this purchaser.  RM have confirmed they delivered. End of discussion. Remind them they instructed you to use RM as the delivery company.

Was it sent by any sort of RM tracked or signed for servcie?

Hi there,

many thanks for your response I have checked the address and it does not show as flat it shows as any flat number in that building.

just 26 Ridley Close. So really RM are wrong.

i have attached the response from RM they gave today.

i actually believe the person is genuine but it’s not easy to tell!

im just worried if I end up having to pay for this even though eBay closed the case in my favour!

i also used RM special delivery so they can’t deliver to neighbours has to be the named person at the address from my understanding..

2022-06-24 RM reply.pdf

Hi 

What I find strange is the Buyer from the start after you explaining pervious issue with RM as you always you UPS insisted it had to be RM.

UPS could have delivered this item next day so why was the Buyer so adamant it had to be RM something just doesn't add up from the Buyer as this person the item was for was going to India the next day and needed the item.

How did the Buyer inform you this item had not been delivered and have you given that evidence to RM?

How did the Buyer pay you for this item? Credit/Debit Card, Bank Transfer, Paypal etc.

Have you researched the property address as its flats to see who owns then whether is leasehold/ private/ council/ housing association?

(the reason I ask this if Council or Housing Association due to this being flats most have CCTV around and inside but also door entry which will be logged)

As this is Flats and only if it does have door entry to access the building you could ask RM how there delivery courier was able to access that building. (there will either be a service button which they can press to get access or they have been given a key fob for that entry system to access the building or the entry door has been left open)

You could also ask RM to Clarify that the GPS Location they state that the item was delivered whether this is the RM Delivery Vehicle GPS Location at the property or the exact GPS Location of the exact Delivery Address.? (something tells me it will be the vehicles GPS data)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group