Old GE money mortgage now Kensington - Arrears & Payment Arrangement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My folks are going to be calling Kensington this week and making a full payment of the arrears, if anyone has a chance to run their eye over this lifetime statement and see if anything jumps out that is not right. 

I know i've completely messed up by not addressing the illegal charges when i had the chance to and i'm really kicking myself about this now as this £11K figure would be probably nearer £5K and my god would that make a difference right now 🤮

At the time that I was trying to deal with this situation with these charges I had been admitted to 2 separate rehabilitation centres for severe clinical depression, I couldn't even look at a piece of paper :(

Attached Document 2.pdf

my folks

you mean a 3rd party...is going to pay off your arrears?

you should have at the earliest alerted us too:

9 hours ago, surrey_36 said:

At the time that I was trying to deal with this situation with these charges I had been admitted to 2 separate rehabilitation centres for severe clinical depression, I couldn't even look at a piece of paper :(

9 hours ago, surrey_36 said:

I know i've completely messed up by not addressing the illegal charges

they are not ILLEGAL (criminal) they are unlawful (civil)-  its a civil consumer credit agreement/mortgage/secured loan.

i would carefully look at your charges spreadsheet and ensue it encompasses EVERY charge they list in that PDF.

i would also not RING THEM.

use EMAIL or formal LETTER offering to pay the arrears 

BUT i would also REPEAT that they are not happy paying £XXX for the arrears when there are £1000's of unlawfully penalties involved 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...