I'm the Plaintiff - after filing a discontinuance form in July 2021, the Court has not responded. Can I file a claim against the Court?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can I make a claim against the Court?

In November 2021 - I filed a complaint, demanding the £335 hearing fees which I had paid earlier.  I did not receive a response to date.  I have not heard from the Court. I have called the Court on the phone on innumerable occasions, the line always goes to an answering machine but no one calls me back.

The case in question was originally filed by me in January 2020.  Can I make a claim against the Court for failure to return my hearing fees?

I would be grateful for Members' advice and steer.   With thanks.

is this^^^

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As said in that previous thread, you need to make an application to the court. Not a phone call. Not a letter. An application. 

But discontinuance may not have been the best course if you wanted to seek the return of the hearing fee

Edited by mantis shrimp
typo corrected

On 03/06/2022 at 07:07, mantis shrimp said:

As said in that previous thread, you need to make an application to the court. Not a phone call. Not a letter. An application. 

But discontinuance may not have been the best course if you wanted to seek the return of the hearing fee

Although in that other thread @Andyorch did suggest at #5 that the hearing fee should be refunded if discontinued?

"Re the hearing fee ....you state a hearing date has yet to be set. Claimants currently get a 100% refund of the hearing fee if they notify the court of settlement in writing, at least seven clear calendar days before the trial date or start of the trial week."

Although whether that was correct or not I don't know.

@Maketa79  -  why don't you write to the court, explain clearly what has happened with dates, and enclose a copy of your application to discontinue.  Ask them why they haven't refunded the hearing fee.

Edited by Manxman in exile

Apparently hearing refund's were scrapped with the CPR update 6th March 2017

https://www.harmanscosts.com/news/hearing-fees-no-longer-refundable/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I thank you for all the responses, everyone who took the time and trouble to read and respond to my post. 

Please be reassured that I have done all that has been suggested here including detailing a clear chronology of events, even providing a copy of the 'discontinuance' form and the cover letter. 

What seems clear now s Andyorch has spotted a point which I was totally unaware of, namely that hearing fee refunds were scrapped. 

That, I suppose, is why the Court has been unresponsive.

That is also what makes this Forum truly amazing, the depth of knowledge that Members have is unfathomable.

Thank you so very much all.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing
  • Like 1