Hunts motors Bedford - Faulty Car cambelt failed - i won by default/sent HCEO's - they paid in full - now set aside as court errored - new Hearing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did you request a forthwith payment ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I would wait until you have your notice of judgment which will confirm the final amount including section 69 interest. Your claim costs are already included in the final judgment amount. Also you need to deal with the change of address issue before instructing HCEO.

Andy 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Yes you can but I would inform the court also so that they can amend the defendant details then you have it on record for the as the judgment debtor COA

• dx100uk changed the title to Hunts motors Bedford - successful court claim - cambelt failed after 2K/5mts Court Claim Issued **WON SUM COLLECTED BY HCEO's**
  • Andyorch changed the title to Hunts motors Bedford - successful court claim - cambelt failed after 2K/5mts Court Claim Issued *** Judgment and enforced HCEO's***
  • 3 weeks later...

The Notice should inform you if they wish you to attend but you can certainly submit a statement of objection with reasons why their application should be dismissed which should be filed and served not less than 7 days pre hearing.

better to attend the hearing if you want to have your say.

Andy

Yes if they paid within the allowed time (28 days or forthwith whichever you opted for when requesting judgment) if not the CCJ is on their file irrespective.

As they have paid then your statement should inform the court same and inform them that this is merely a credit cleansing application and not a genuine reason to set a side the judgment.

Then put it all down in a statement and file and serve and attend the hearing.

• 1 month later...

20.  The court has already looked at the case and made judgement for the claimant.

Default judgment?

So not looked at or determined by a court.

Well the court will be aware of it anyway so lose point 20 all together

• Like 2

Closing the stable door long after the horse has bolted springs to mind I don't see anything that would successfully support their application within that statement ......or genuine reason to request a set a side or what it wishes the court to do.

Very poor litigant statement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/05/2023 at 12:01, Andyorch said:

Closing the stable door long after the horse has bolted springs to mind I don't see anything that would successfully support their application within that statement ......or genuine reason to request a set a side or what it wishes the court to do.

Very poor litigant statement.

Very poor District Judge