Caught using a Freedom Pass - poss 75 uses

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This seems to be turning into a bit of a tangled web. Why have you got a card in someone else's name please? Or has that changed now?

But it sounds as if you don't know whose card you're using and I'm confused. 

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

5 minutes ago, js8533340 said:

The oyster card used for the outbound journey was registered to me and the freedom pass used for the inbound journey was registered to my mother. 

What are your thoughts regarding the draft letter? 

It looks like a standard letter. I can't remember what they ask on the reverse, can you remind us please?

HB

• 1 month later...

Then as dx says, you write another grovelling letter. I believe TfL are looking for genuine remorse for having misused public money that is meant for vulnerable people. Also that the fare dodger isn't going to do the same thing again.

That seems to be your only chance to convince them. Why didn't you know what the terms of a Freedom pass are? I believe also that it says on the back it should only be used by the person who has a photocard that's linked to the pass.

HB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, js8533340 said:

Thanks DX. Please can you delete my post made an hour ago? Include my identity and wanted to remain anonymous. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

I can't see your ID on that document.

HB

You haven't said what actions you've taken to make sure this doesn't happen again.

And this could be me; see what others think, but it sounds as if you're sorry that you were caught rather than that you decided to use the card.

If you're writing Dear Mr/Ms Smith, you sign it Yours sincerely.

HB

Hi.

I know I'm being picky but some of the language you use isn't what we normally see in Freedom pass cases.

You've mentioned redemption twice and I'm just wondering how you expect TfL to interpret that.

Also, the first sentence of your second paragraph, I'm not sure what you're trying to tell them.

Perhaps  you could tell us more please.

HB

Hi.

This is only my opinion but I still think you need to find a different way to say redemption. To me, it's either paying off a loan or something religious that doesn't necessarily relate to fare evasion.

I also don't agree with saying you aren't a danger to the public interest. As i see it, public interest is in prosecuting people who have misused public money, i.e. money from taxpayers.

And TfL have a point that you say you care deeply about your job and income but still chose to use the Freedom card many, many times. Perhaps you could find an answer to this. I have asked before how you came to ignore the rules about the card when it's meant to be used in conjunction with a photo card belonging to the card owner.

It might help if you try to write in normal English. Nobody is expecting you to sound like a lawyer and it's my view that trying to sound clever can make things more complicated.

Just some thoughts from me.

HB

• I agree 1