Wilko v Nationwide

paulwilko
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ALL!

FWIW... Contractual Interest IS Compounded Interest

It is Interest that Nationwide has Compounded as per their Contract with U.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

FWIW... Contractual Interest IS Compounded Interest

R U Sure that is correct ?

I thought there was a difference ?

I thought

Contractual is interest x number of days since the charge

Contractual Compounded is interest x rate = y then y x rate and so on for the amount of days since the charge ??

Explained badly but you get the drift !

OK People!

Back to basics...

U had entered into a "Contract" whereby Nationwide charged U 24.9%AER for any Unauthorised O/D borrowing U did.

Nationwide, in debiting the unlawful charges and any associated interest, by virtue of Mutuality-Reciprocity, should be "charged" by yourselves @ the same rate (24.9%AER) for their "Unauthorised Borrowing" from U.

Nationwide Compounds their Contractual Interest on a Daily basis

Hence...

(DAILY COMPOUNDED) UNAUTHORISED O/D (as opposed to the authorised o/d %rate!) CONTRACTUAL INTEREST is COMPOUND INTEREST

...which was also stated in the SAME POST!!!

"It is Interest which Nationwide has Compounded as per their Contract with U"

It is also explained, to an extent, in the following thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/54974-whats-difference-between-compound.html

Furthermore...

Cos Nationwide normally send out MONTHLY account statements, they tend to express their 24.9%AER as a MONTHLY figure (1.87%)

...Although it is, in fact, calculated DAILY!!!

Any devience from this figure when Claiming is, IMHO, to exceed the Mutuality-Reciprocity of the Contract between U both.

Thus taking away from U the argument of it's useage and bringing U under the realm of the excess actually being Claimed as Consequential Loss and/or Damages.

...Which is a whole new ball game all together!...lol...:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

(Jules Winnfield)

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

I have a reply to my LBA saying they are sorry bla bla bla.

They are saying it has been passed to another dept.

Do i wait for that depts reply or do i send the 2nd LBA when the 14 days ends which is tomorrow ???

Who do i send the 2nd one too, the same as before or the new mob that are supposedly looking after the case ?

Thx

Paul

Hi paulwilko!

2 X LBA's???

Do U mean 1 X Preliminary Letter + 1 X LBA?

Stick to YOUR timescale that U have given them!

(Jules Winnfield)

Hi paulwilko!

2 X LBA's???

Do U mean 1 X Preliminary Letter + 1 X LBA?

Stick to YOUR timescale that U have given them!

So far i have done 1, 2 and 3 from here

I thought you did the LBA, then you do another one do give them a second chance ????

Must of misread that >????

I thought you did the LBA, then you do another one do give them a second chance ????

Must of misread that >????

The Preliminary Letter is their 1st chance

...The LBA is their 2nd Chance.

Next step is the Filing @ Court stage.

Their chances of winning?

NO CHANCE!!!...lol...:)

(Jules Winnfield)

The Preliminary Letter is their 1st chance

...The LBA is their 2nd Chance.

Next step is the Filing @ Court stage.

Their chances of winning?

NO CHANCE!!!...lol...:)

Superb, thx for that, I would of wasted another 14days !!!!

I am on it !!

Cheers

Paul

Superb, thx for that, I would of wasted another 14days !!!!

I am on it !!

But U would have been able to Claim an EXTRA 14 days worth of C.I. @ 24.9% APR!...rofl...:lol: ;-)

(Jules Winnfield)

Hi paulwilko!

How would U feel if U knew that someone somewhere @ Nationwide is laughing at U for your Basic mistake?

Do U feel that they would not want to defend on the basis that they figure that U are unsure about C.I.?

Could U honestly say that U could stand up before a judge and argue the Claim figure of 24%, without him/her knowing that U don't know where that figure has been derived?

IMHO I would re-send a LBA with the spreadsheet printout based on 24.9%

Hope this has helped?!...But it's YOUR Claim though!

(Jules Winnfield)

P.S....If U have already Filed @ Court try getting in touch with them to alter your Claim.

U MAY have to abandon that particular submission...Take a loss on Court Fee and Re-submit a fresh application!!!

(Jules Winnfield)

P.S....If U have already Filed @ Court try getting in touch with them to alter your Claim.

U MAY have to abandon that particular submission...Take a loss on Court Fee and Re-submit a fresh application!!!

I have not filed the court papers yet, but was about to before i noticed I had put 24 %.

So are you saying that they are possibly more likely to defend in court because I put 24% instead of 24.9% or are you saying that I am mad not to get the extra 0.9%

Am I not able to do the court papers with the 24.9% on it ? with an ammended spread sheet ?

Also, when you do your court papers, do you use the spreadsheet that you have previously sent, or do you adjust the date because there is in theory, another 1-2 months extra interest to be had ?

Thx

Paul

U have asked Nationwide to settle @ Charges plus C.I. @ 24%.

How do YOU then justify to the Court that U are now wanting 24.9%???

The whole point of sending the Preliminary Letter and LBA is to then be able to demonstrate to the Court that U have been trying to AVOID Court Action by giving Nationwide plenty of time to Settle YOUR Claim in FULL before YOU had no choice but to go to Court!

Judges do NOT take kindly to a constant shifting of goalposts and a rushing to take cases to Court when there was a chance, however remote, that Court Action may have been unnecessary.

Just imagine if the roles were reversed and it was someone taking YOU to Court and they kept upping the figure?

Therefore giving YOU no reasonable chance to settle before getting to Court!!!

(Jules Winnfield)

@ EACH Letter stage, a NEW updated spreadsheet TOTAL should be sent with EACH Letter!!!

(Jules Winnfield)

U have asked Nationwide to settle @ Charges plus C.I. @ 24%.

How do YOU then justify to the Court that U are now wanting 24.9%???

The whole point of sending the Preliminary Letter and LBA is to then be able to demonstrate to the Court that U have been trying to AVOID Court Action by giving Nationwide plenty of time to Settle YOUR Claim in FULL before YOU had no choice but to go to Court!

Judges do NOT take kindly to a constant shifting of goalposts and a rushing to take cases to Court when there was a chance, however remote, that Court Action may have been unnecessary.

Just imagine if the roles were reversed and it was someone taking YOU to Court and they kept upping the figure?

Therefore giving YOU no reasonable chance to settle before getting to Court!!!

I agree with everything you are saying, so why are you saying i should send another LBA, can't I just carry on ?

I know it is only an oppinion of yours.

Surely Nationwide will snap my arm as they will have less to pay out as it is 0.9 % ??

Thx

Paul

Hi paulwilko!

Nationwide would pay out @ 24.9% also!

If U R intent on proceeding @ 24%, go ahead as YOU see fit.

But every Claimant runs the risk that THEY have their Claim defended to the end by Nationwide.

Do U want to be THE ONE and have NOT prepared your case properly and therefore have YOUR Claim struck out???

(Jules Winnfield)