Lender applying for permission to enforce an SPO +6yrs old

Challie19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My lenders solicitors have sent me a copy of a form they are applying for permission to enforce a possession notice which is over 6 years old

This is due to take place by telephone tomorrow morning

will eviction take place tomorrow too?

Or do we go to court again?

thank you

Welcome to the forum.

Permission of the court

The landlord does not normally need to apply for permission of the court for a warrant to be issued. Permission of the court is required if:

the order was suspended on terms other than non-payment of money, for example antisocial behaviour

six or more years have elapsed since the possession order was made[3]

https://england.shelter.org.uk/professional_resources/legal/possession_and_eviction/eviction_warrants_and_writs/enforcement_of_possession_orders_by_county_court_possession_warrants

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for taking time to reply,

the original possession order was first made in 2014 so yes 6 years have passed

my mortgage term finished last year in june after 20 years and about £5000 is still owing which we accept we need to clear however my immediate concern is tomorrow going to end in my eviction or will another hearing take place 

thanks 

What grounds are they making the application to request permission to enforce ? Have you maintained the payments subject to the suspended possession order ? 

The hearing tomorrow will only be to decide if they have grounds and get permission.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Hi thanks for response,

we have had problems in the past but we were in arrears by about three months before the complete mortgage term was up last june ( after 20 years final payment would have been june 1st 2021)

as i say my immediate concern is whether they will turn up to evict us tomorrow

or we will get another court date at which point we can arrange to pay 

thank you for replying

Have you been invited to attend the telephone hearing ?

We have

i am at a hospital appointment which cant be moved ( my daughter lives at home and has a premature baby with feeding problems,  she also has mental health probs so i need to attend)

my husband is at work and is unable to take calls he is under threat of redundancy meeting this week so cant be off 

also we have had no forms to fill in or requests for info

so bit confused 

Well they will most probably be allowed to restore the suspended possession order and the court may grant an extension for a further 6 years. Have you made any arrangements with the Solicitors re the arrears and when did you last make a payment ? 

It would be prudent to draft a statement to submit to the court today in your absence at tomorrows hearing  explaining your current situation and none attendance and current Financial circumstances with offer of payment. I accept your current difficulties but maintaining a roof over your head takes priority over everything else....

Do not just not attend and do nothing...at least inform the court as to why and what with reasons explaining your position. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Lender applying for permission to enforce an SPO +6yrs old

Any update how did this go ?