Money demands from someone who didnt perform the work,consumer rights?

MOSS 41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

Couldn’t update my original thread , but really this is a procedural or technical problem.

received a claim last year from person who walked off job, with days to go - he had already been paid 80% upfront 

I wanted to enter counter claim as work not done and had to be attempted to be completed by others to no success , and great costs ,

as he didn’t want this counter claim he said he would drop case , so instead of doing a discontinuance he just marked it as paid or settled on day of deadline - I saw this update online too 

Mcol weeks later then said we’ve received your counter claim (cross over in post) but need to pay to reinstate claim if want to go forward as claimant has marked case as settled nov 2021 

so I didn’t - proceed to reinstate 

case marked as paid /

settled - no need to go further 

now (mcol) two months later , they are saying because I didn’t reinstate case by paying an application fee , they are changing it to defence only and please complete n180 by x date 

I again contacted court and said what’s going on case marked as settled , I would have proceeded with my counter claim forms if not , I also contacted claimant who said he has made no changes and wants it all to go away .

why is the court still procedurally going through with this and not responding to my request for an explanation ? Why are they asking doing n180 if marked as settled as confirmed by themselves ? 

• Andyorch changed the title to Money demands from someone who didnt perform the work,consumer rights?
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic