Shell Energy Broadband early exit fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I signed on line for Shell Energy broadband

, I didn't receive any confirmations email, was unable to log in online, couldn't get through to anyone on the phone so assumed the account wasn't live,

contacted my existing provider Vodaphone, they (2 feb)gave me a good deal and as I was able to speak to someone, so I stayed with them, during this phone call with Vodaphone I asked if I needed to contact Shell to say I didn't want to be with them, he said no we do it, we will contact them.

There was no communication from shell, I phoned again (15 feb) and managed to get through who said in fact my account was live and I now owed 330 pounds early exit fee, during this call it was discovered the email address they had on file was wrong which was why I hadn't received any emails from them. 

Vodafone are looking into the recorded phone call, where I was advised Vodafone will contact shell. Shell are insisting I am still responsible as entered into contract and contacted them outside o the cooling off period. (14 feb)

I dont have much money to pay this

Any advice Please as overwhelmed by this

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

Shell are wrong.

you signed up online, you cancelled within 14 days.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...