NHSBSA PCN for Dental Charge

fryster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening,

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice regarding a PCN I've received as they believe I wasn't entitled to free dental treatment.

I believed I was entitled to free dental treatment as we are in receipt of child tax credits (no working tax credits).

I appealed the decision but after several emails between myself and NHSBSA, they have stated that I have to upload a copy of my final tax credits award for the period 2021/22. I have sent them a copy of my provisional award as this is all I have, I was under the impression that I wouldn't receive a copy of my final award until after I have completed my renewal once the tax year has ended?

Their staff don't seem to understand the criteria for receiving free treatment, I was initially told that I had to be in receipt of both child tax credit and working tax credit, and they gave me links in an email that actually confirmed that I was entitled.

As it stands they are stating that I will have to pay the charge and then claim a refund once I have a final tax credit letter. I'm not in a position to pay the charge, I'm a full time carer and our only taxable income is carers allowance, so well below the threshold.

Please could somebody advise where I stand on this, and if I'm barking up the wrong tree or if I have a case? We were in receipt of income support until earlier last year when my wife became a full time student, and have never had issues until now.

Edited by dx100uk
block of text spaced to paragraphs

Cap One here we go!:p

WWW.NHSBSA.NHS.UK

You're entitled to full help with health costs if your annual family income used to calculate your Tax Credits is £15,276 or less and you receive...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it turns out you aren't entitled to free Dental treatment, simply pay what the treatment cost, you can ignore the penalty fee they slap on top.

I have had a few of their letters, including the unenforceable penalty they add on top, and I have simply paid what I have owed, on their website, and ignored them.

Nothing comes of not paying their charges. 

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'm certain that I'm entitled to free dental treatment, we are in receipt of child tax credit, don't earn over the maximum limit and have been like this for the last 14 years without a single penalty notice. They are asking for a final tax credit award, I don't have one as they haven't been issued yet. I've just received another PCN for the same 'offence' as they declined my appeal. I will see if I can appeal this one again, although I will wait until near the deadline, and hope a final tax credits letter comes through the post in the meantime.

Cap One here we go!:p