Third Party Debt Order, hearing.

Its WAR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I won a default judgment for £2000 in Sept 21 and applied to the court for a third party debt order from the defendants bank (rather than send in the bailiff).  The court accepted the application and ordered the bank to 'freeze' the defendants account to the value of the order and to advise myself and the court of the values. The final decision whether to release the funds to me would be decided at a hearing (in two weeks time). The order appeared to have been ignored for 3 months  despite me chasing the bank  a few times to supply the details.

Today, I received confirmation from the bank that they have secured £100 from the defendants account. 

It seems a shame there appears so little money (less than the costs of the application) in the account. However, what bothers me is that maybe there was plenty of funds in the account in Oct, Nov or December if the order had been dealt with within the 7 days the court gave the bank to do so.

Is there anything I can do to find out why the bank ignored the court order for so long and whether there might have been more available had they dealt with the order on time? I suppose I could send in the bailiff or apply for an attachment of earnings (although I have no idea if the defendant works).

Any ideas greatfully accepted.

Its WAR

Topic moved to General Legal Issue's Forum.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Santander have now confirmed they applied the debt order on 24 November. If the defendant's wages (or other funds)  were paid in after that date, would these extra amounts not be secured against the debt order and therefore not made available for the court to allocate against the judgment? 

Its WAR

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thankyou. Although I couldn't see any reference to what happens if additional funds are paid in after the original lesser sum is frozen. I believe such funds are not affected by the debt order. Assuming I am awarded the £100 at least, I shall use that to apply for a charging order on the defendants house.

Its WAR