Companies without postal address

today
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Personally I would never buy anything online from a seller who does not provide a physical address on their website.

In any event, I always find it prudent to check a seller's online returns policy to see what address they give.  If they don't give a returns address or it's in Shanghaia - avoid!

2 hours ago, today said:

The company is a British publisher of books. Do you know in which website I can find its address?

I would not necessarily assume that that means they are a UK company subject to the laws of England and Wales... 

What makes you think they are a British publisher?  Is it because they have a .co.uk email address?  You can have one of those anywhere in the world.

Try answering some questions.

(DX  -  I'll get the novocaine ready while you find the pliers...

On second thoughts, give the painkiller a miss I think...)

Well that is what I've posted above, isn't it?

They also seem to be these people

WWW.SALGADO-REYES.COM

Spread the loveOUR CURRENT BOOKS MacGuffin $12.99eBook: $3.99 Hollywood, California, August 2005.The double murder of a Beverly Hills...

Do they owe you money?  Have you paid them to do something and they haven't delivered?

Do you want help or not?

I think you may find that most people who offer help on these boards (in their own unpaid time) find it easier to provide useful help if they have some understanding of both the context and the nature of the problem.  It's not because they are nosey or because they want to examine or criticise your private life, it's because it is almost impossible to help someone with a problem without knowing something about the problem.

You appear to be having problems communicating with someone  - or indeed anyone - at a website you don't want to tell us about.

I don't think anybody can help with just that information.

[Edit:  We cross-posted.  Isn't that the same site I linked to in #17?  What are you trying to achieve?  I'm not sure that business does anything at all!]

Edited by Manxman in exile

I think @today is chasing shadows and this is a waste of time.

Yes - Indie Authors Press appears to have some connection with at least one address in Pimlico, but the website that says that also says its business is Latin american restaurants.  That website also has links to another site and associated email address (selgado-reyes.com) which has links to San Francisco and Santiago in Chile.  The one in San Francisco looks like it might be connected with some sort of niche or vanity publishing, and the Santiago site talks about vacancies for "private investigators" or something.  They all seem to be connected via a gentleman called Jorge Selgado-Reyes.  I suspect they (or he) don't any "real" presence or business in the UK.

Unless @today can demonstrate otherwise - apart from claiming they publish books in the UK...

I suspect his permanent address might be in Santiago, Chile - although it is quite possible that he might also have temporary addresses in places like London and San Francisco during the year.

Nothing you have posted so far demonstrates that either he or the business you refer to has a substantive presence in the UK...

(Don't you think it odd that in this day of the internet it is so difficult to find any evidence of their presence in the UK?  The only UK connection to the business I can find says that its business is "Latin american restaurants".  And it would appear that elsewhere, Senor Salgado-Reyes is involved in recruiting "Private Investigators" in Santiago.  Seems a rum fish to me... )

It's perhaps ironic that Jorge Salgado-Reyes appears to be connected with this:

WWW.LONDONINVESTIGATES.CO.UK

London Process Server is a kind of dirty word. People hide from them. They try to run them over or attack them. Email us now!

Thank you lookinforinfo.

Having a spare 30 minutes I decided to read the judgment referred to in the link you give above.

Wow!  What an entertaining read.  It could form the basis of a courtroom thriller with exotically named parties (with the exception of "Mr Smith" whose identity seems to remain unknown... ) and links to the Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands.  Hollywood'll love it.

Seriously - it's worth a read...

4 hours ago, today said:

My thread is not about my claim because it is about the address of a British publisher, process server and private investigator which website strangely closed yesterday

I find it amusingly ironic that you tell us this thread is about the address of a "process server and private investigator" when those facts, including, the name of the individual, are all things that posters on here have discovered and told you about, while you, of course, reveal nothing.

54 minutes ago, today said:

Thank you for your help. The information you have found was already known to me.

To look in the Electoral Roll in the office of the Council we need to have at least the beginning of a postcode to start with

So it was a waste of honeybee's time looking for information you already knew?  Well (of course!) honeybee didn't know they were wasting their time because you haven't had the good grace to let us know what you already know.  Yet you smugly say it "was already known to me."

Don't expect other posters on here to give you any respect if you can't respect them for giving their time freely to try to help you.

What a waste of time.

Edited by Manxman in exile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks