NHS Role - No COVID-19 vaccination - No Job

hayho1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, I am very sorry for your losses. 

Here is some background information.

WWW.CIPD.CO.UK

As the UK’s COVID-19 vaccination rollout continues, employers should prepare for its impact on the wider population and their workforce.

Following a consultation on mandatory jabs for frontline NHS and care workers in England it was announced that from spring 2022 it will also be mandatory for all health and social care workers, including volunteers who have face to face contact with service users, to provide evidence they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be deployed. This applies to NHS staff and other health and social care workers with direct, face-to-face contact with people while providing care. This includes doctors, nurses, dentists and domestic care workers, unless they are exempt. Staff such as porters or receptionists who have social contact with patients but are not directly involved in their care are also included.

The NHS considers there to be no evidence of risk to fertility or pregnancy from having the vaccine.

WWW.NHS.UK

Find out about the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination if you're pregnant, breastfeeding or might get pregnant in the future.

I would talk with the Covid counsellor. I would also ask to see the risk assessment for your role. For example, could it be done remotely in any way? Are you seeking a permanent exemption, or is it for a defined period of time? Be clear about what you want, and why, and for how long.

Sadly for you, the reality is that yes, if you are never going to be vaccinated, you may ultimately be unable to perform your work for the NHS, and subsequently be dismissed. 

I would speak with your union about the process and practical aspects of that. I hope your clinician has useful news for you soon.

• Like 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• dx100uk changed the title to NHS Role - No COVID-19 vaccination - No Job

I think we've been asked only to comment on the employment law aspect. I am fairly sure OP will have heard many views on vaccines by now. She has a personal set of circumstances which none of us are living through.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!