Backdoor CCJ Erudio/Drydens - old Student Loan

Squash2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, I've read the following thread and scanned a few others.

Backdoor Erudio CCJ - old Student Loans

Essentially I picked up a letter in the week from DrydensFairfax Solicitors (but dated 20th Oct 2021) from my previous mailing address stating that a judgement had been made against me on 06/07/20 (that's last year, 17 months ago, unless it's a typo) for over £4k, and their records show I failed to contact them or repay. Thence their client instructed them to issue a Warrant of Control which they did on 09/08/21 at a previous address.

They were since notified I am not at that address, and will be writing to the court if I don't contact them within 14 days of that 20th October date for a new Warrant of Control . (Note - this address they have is not my current address, so they'd have to get a new Warrant of Control anyway?) , but do say a bailliff could visit.

To my recollection I hadn't heard of Erudio before. I also have a loan still with SLC (I had two, one in 1996, one in 2001 for a PGCE), and my SLC loan is linked to my tax returns with HMRC and I defer there automatically. I haven't received any mail or email correspondence for years.

I've contacted both Erudio and Drydens by email (asking them to stop  any possible proceedings and provide me with information), and await a reply within 5 -14 days.

I've never earned enough to reach the threshold to repay.

In May this year I also had a stroke and haven't worked since, although I will be able to do going forward (not at the rate required to trigger payments in reality though!). Due to be 50 next year, at which point the loan would be written off,  although I read that may be irrelevant now?

I have moved around a lot over the last 5- 10 years within the same town essentially, and hadn't realised some of my loans were not with SLC. I have also gone on my Noddle/Credit Karma account where the ccj is mentioned, with County Court Business Centre, registered at an address I was last at around 8 and a half years ago. 

Going forward probably need more information*, although reading about ccjs (not really come across them before) worried I should take any actions to halt that or any Warrants of Control asap?

I will have more info when I get replies, although having read more into it not sure what that will be.

*(looks like I can't sign up for an email account with Erudio to see what correspondence etc has been going on, unless I do it by phone, which I am somewhat reticent to do at the moment)

Bit of an unexpected trouble. Thanks in advance for any help/pointers!

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor CCJ Erudio/Drydens - old Student Loan

get the CCJ number from you credit file

go ring northants bulk monday and ask for a copy of the CLAIMFORM and the Judgement CCJ by email pdf.

it is IMPORTANT, that you get out of them:

the Particulars of Claimfrom from the claimform, if they say they dont have that in electronic format to mail out,

ask them to READ IT OUT, record your call.

also get them to readout the address the claimform was sent too and the DATE of the claimform.

your debt would have been already statute barred by the time erudio went for the CCJ.

there are 10's of threads about this here and what to do read those .

click the link below.

^^ clickme

dont worry  warrant or threat of.

they will HAVE to return to court to get one and the judge would have to ordain their use and of that you would be informed. there is NO right of forced enter on consumer credit debts anyway..you simply ignore bailiffs

can i just check, you HAVE informed erudio in writing of your correct and current address? if not why not? you should NEVER run from debt.

so anyone else that you had credit with in the lasy say 7yrs you should write to thedebt owner simply giving your correct address, else more backdoor CCJ will appear.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...