OH's Halifax £15k Card debt - been paying various DCA's £75PCM for 10yrs - should I complete an I&E form for IDEM?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My oh has been paying IDEM for almost 10 years at £75 per month.  He has paid it without fail despite being made redundant and out of work for almost a year. They send us letters to contact them periodically asking us to call and discuss the amount being paid. I got advice from here a long time ago which was a to only deal in writing and so each time they write I  send this letter -

re your letter - i have noted the contents and would like to reiterate that my circumstances have not changed, in fact I am in a worse financial position now than I was at the start of the agreement. I was made redundant in 2019 and furloughed last year. I still managed to make the agreed payments and would like to confirm that I will not be increasing the amount previously agreed nor will I be telephoning your office; I have previously requested that all correspondence be in writing. To this end and for my own records can you please send me a copy of the original credit agreement

Please accept this letter as my consent for you to continue collecting £75 per month. 

This past fortnight they have sent 3 letters stating he does not have a formal arrangement in place and they have attached an IE form to be completed. He has since found employment but only getting back on his feet. Should he complete the IE or should i sent the same letter I have been sending?

scotgal 

Ignore them completely...unless of course you wish to reduce the monthly amount that can be reflected in your I&E. Its very unlikely that they can escalate the situation if you do decide to disregard their hounding.....they wont issue a court claim as your already paying them £75pm.

Andy

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

must question why your OH has been blindly paying £75PCM for 10yrs to a dca without ever questioning anything.

thats +£9k!!

i bet they don't even have an enforceable agreement 

send a CCa request.

they have 12+2 Working days.

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

he hasn't been blindly paying to be fair, he owed them £15k from a Halifax credit card, we did get the CCA and it was a signed credit card agreement.  so a whiles to go yet before he clears it off as the o/'s balance is still around £6K. 

scotgal 

When did you send the cca and who too idem?

who said it was enforceable?

we haven't seen it have we?

bit concerning that a major highstreet bank chose to sell on a £15k debt for about £1500, then the dca chaes for the whole £15k. Why didnt the bank take your OH to court and crush them?  Something smells here.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was the bank who started the collection.

We banked with HBOS.

He had asked them to freeze the interest and they said they couldn’t unless he defaulted.

Their in-house collection team set up the £75 amount.

I think it was Buchanan Clark and Wells.

That was in place for a few years then it was transferred to briefly to another  DCA, which I can’t recall then for the last 5/6 years IDEM.

I don’t know what you mean when you say ‘crush them’ and ‘something smells’

Ps I asked IDEM for a copy of the CCA, which they provided

Thanks  

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

scotgal 

a big bank could have crushed him in court they didn't...that smells

when was this CCA sent to idem and who said it was enforceable? did we see ut ever, you indicate you were here before for advice, what was your old username?

dx

and they

IDEM sent me the CCA at my request.
I still don’t understand what you’re talking about. Crushed who in court and what for? It never went to court and he never disputed that he owed the money. Ive  always used this name 
DX Im asking for advice, I’ve no underhanded reasons. Ive nothing to hide. I appreciate your help and you’ve given me advice in the past (maybe on other matters) I’m not myself at the minute and would appreciate some understanding/empathy 

scotgal 

ask yourself this question...

why did a vast multinational bank like HBOS not take your OH to court to get a CCJ judgement over a £15k card debt, but chose to sell the debt on where they only get about 10p=£1 for it from a debt buyer/dca? about £1500. they would have won hands down in court and crushed him.

what date roughly did you sent that CCA request to idem? year?

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to OH's Halifax £15k Card debt - been paying various DCA's £75PCM for 10yrs - should I complete an I&E form for IDEM?

I’ve no idea why they did what they did. No matter how many times I ask myself. HBOS accepted £75, BCW took over, the amount stayed the same and IDEM took over and it’s stayed the same but the last week they’ve sent numerous letters and I&E forms 
FYI- I sent a letter to IDEM and asked them for a CCA which they provided. (About a year ago) I didn’t sent a CCA to IDEM 

so my question was ‘ do I need to complete an I&E form?’ 
if the answer is no, my OH is happy to keep paying £75. That’s his choice.
Thanks for your help

scotgal 

it would be nice if you scan up to one mass pdf all the stuff idem sent in relation to the CCA return.

read our upload guide carefully

as andy said totally ignore them regarding the I&E.

and they