PRA chasing Halifax unsecured loan - PAP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, it has been a very long time since I was last here as I thought I had managed to sort all my finances out.

Unfortunately I am now having to deal with PRA who have most recently sent my a LBA regarding a unsecured halifax loan taken out in 2008.

I was hoping to try and deal with out making a nuisance on here but I have a few questions I was hoping some one may be able to shed some light on that I cant find on the site after searching.

(Quick background, previous dealings with Halifax, loan taken out nov 08 (worst decision in my life), challenged mis sell PPI, reimbursed ppi value, account + default dropped off credit file years ago, attempted repayment plan at £1/mth, which I then stopped,  account bounced around between DCA's for years then went silent, until Dec 2020 when HFX/PRA sent me a letter of assignment. 

PRA also sent a discount offer letter (no actual discount value, i had to ring them to discuss it, which i didnt, i chose to ignore)

As part of the PAP response I requested further information (usual docs: agreement, copy default notice, statement of account etc) over the alleged debt.

They sent back a collection of paper work with an accompanying letter saying anything not included is because they don't have to. They included:

- signed/dated credit application form

- signed / dated ppi paper

- a print out of T&C's from a template from a year prior to agreement start date

- a screen capture of an access spreadsheet window displaying default notice information

- assignment letters etc.

- statement of account on plain paper

My concerns relate to:

- the agreement apparently containing 6 pages yet I have only been provided pages 1,2,3 of 6

- do they no longer have to supply a copy of the default notice, instead of a screen grab from an Access spreadsheet?

- the statement of account  they have provided, the final balance differs from the PRA paperwork balance they have listed.

Please find attached the redacted documents relating to this.

Can someone possible take a look - I would like to double check where I stand with the documents they have supplied to me as part of my PAP request to them over the alleged debt. Hopefully everything that needs to be blanked out, has been.

PRA have put the account on hold until end of November before they proceed with court action.

A big big thank you to anyone who can she some light on my concerns regarding the legalities and my best option to proceed.

Regards, 

davetherave

20211030_155307-converted-compressed.pdf

• davetherave87 changed the title to PRA chasing Halifax unsecured loan - PAP

when was your last payment 15/10/2015?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX, its been a while I hope you are keeping well.

According to the list of transactions they sent as part of my PAP response, the last payment is showing as 15/10/15. 

However, the balance from 15/10/15 is inconsistent with the balance they are chasing in their letters. (It's a difference of £3.00) suggesting that three more token payments were made after this. But I cant track back this far to check hence why I requested information as per the PaP, but their statements do not show any transaction after 15th Oct 2015. 

If I dispute the balance discrepency on the list of transactions against their letters, could this impact a SB timeline?

Regards,

D

why cant you trackback that far?

what A/C were the £1PCM payment coming from and is the info not available from that source?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I cant check the account on any credit report as it no longer shows up and im afraid to say my document keeping was not its best at that stage.

I think it the account was under RobinsonWay at the time, payments were being made via the DMP, GregPenn... then I stopped with the DMP thinking I could deal with myself.

Pretty sure RW continued to accept £1 tokens until I stopped. Looking at the last payment date on their docs, and the actual balance PRA are chasing, I would say my actual last payment date would have been 15th Jan' 16.

I assume everything else they have provided meets requirements, like the spreadsheet screengrab of DN?

Regards,

Dave

no thats not a DN.

what account were you paying them from

look at those bank statements online?

and they

Managed to access some pdf statements from the bank online. The last payment ever to leave my account for RW was £1.00 on Jan 7th 2016.

Should I dispute the failed DN or must I wait for them to send court papers? Im slightly confused as to best approach at this stage with SB being so close

they dont send court papers. they request and pay northants robocourt to raise and send them.

pers i'd let run.

although the agreement looks ok, the T&C look like a generic doc that is void of the correct address (or any address?) for your time of sign up.

also as said , although that is a 'record' that a default notice was sent , which in all essence is all that has to be proved , not a copy of the actual DN, it's debatable where that screen dump has come from, if its from a PRA's system, then its invalid, if comes from the OC's system (which i doubt as no banking org used access) it still doesnt say so.

i think you've enough to bat this away should a court claim arrive.

it also puzzles me why a large bank allowed the sale, when they could have crushed you and ofcourse why PRA are offering a discount and why Hoist re sold the debt.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the insight DX

They have just resumed telephone calls (obv not answering) 

So I guess any time now I will be getting court papers on my door step, as PRA assume they have fully complied with my document request as part of the PAP.

Question... COULD I write to them questioning the T&C generic doc, the DN screengrab or different total balance on statement of account they provided? 

Or is this something I should now only include AFTER claim has been started?

I'm not sure I have ALL the patience or mindset to battle this in court (have my first baby on the way after 4 miscarriages, so shall we say I'm distracted a bit)

I really do appreciate you taking the time to support and advise where you are able to.!

Regards

D

No dont invite pointless letter tennis

Seriously doubt theyll beat the sb deadline

They are simply after finding mugs to fund their xmas drinks bill

Get an sar off to the oc

• Thanks 1

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update, sent SAR off to OC (Hfx) providing a previous savings account number as reference.

Last night receieved a letter headed "Intelligent Finance" saying thank you for your SAR request but unable to proceed as need more detail.  Either provide more account numbers or date of birth.

They have provided a response doc to fill out, assuming it's safe to just provided my DOB, sign and send back?

I can't remember every account number. 

Cheers.

db

Eh?

You have all the details on the halifax notice of assignment in the pra doc pdf.

Send them that too?

Dx

and they

I was hoping that an old savings account reference would have been sufficient enough as I wasn't too sure if referencing the account they sold to PRA would be seen as an admission of liability etc

(but I guess that's down to PRA to establish that with what documents they provide / have provided)

Sorry , brain overload right now!

Oh, still no court papers - Jan 7th is the SB date (based on last payment date) if my math is correct. However, knowing how sketchy these people work, I will probable get served the day before. :(

Regards,

db

Edited by davetherave87
update

Requesting docs is never admittance!!

Pra should be giving 60days from the loc  before requesting their favourite sols ask northants bulk to raise a claim. Cant see that happening wirhout good paperwork.

Dx

• Like 1

and they

• 1 month later...

Just to quickly update... still receiving phone calls from the usual PRA number, but no indication of any court papers as yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that this may now be SB, based on my last known payment date (according to my 2016 bank statement)

No other form of contact with PRA aside from my PAP response last year requesting more information, (all as attached earlier in this topic) certainly no admittance at any rate.

I was just wondering if the SB date calculated based on the day the last known payment left my account, or when that payment is actually received the other end? I know there are usually delays after DCA's collect your payments before applying it to accounts etc.

Shall I prepare a SB letter in anticipation of court papers still.?

Kind regards, 

David

day you made it

if its SB'd send our SB letter.

and they