Purchasing a pedigree dog - the Law

gemspan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I was looking for advice for somebody else and came across this post. I actually forgot about my dog's malabsorption and the trouble I had when I first bought her. Just to say she has turned into a lovely dog and is now 4.5 years old. I have never bred from her and only recently found that her bloodline had kidney disease in it so she will be speyed as I wouldn't take the chance. I ended up just paying the whole amount for the puppy and didnt take it any further. I don't think the breeders intentionally did anything wrong and they have never bred again. The friend that was advising me is now no longer a friend and she sold on the puppy she bought to make way for another puppy! My girl is a happy girl and is much loved by all of us.

Just thought I would update the post.

Thanks again

Gemspan

Wow, I remember responding to this post - just over 4 years ago! Can't believe how much time has flown by!

So glad to hear that everything worked out for you, and that you're still here @ CAG :whoo:

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)