Capital1 Success (maybe Not Yet)

blackstar500
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Story so far

I recently filed my case with the courts for 190 + 30 cost which was acknowledge on the 21/04/06 with the intention to defend.

Today i received a letter and it goes

Thank for writing back to about fees we have added to your account and the default on your credit file.

Its is denied that the fees are unlawful and i note that at no time prior to march 2006, have you disputed these fees. our default fees are detailed in your terms and conditions. our fees are based on the costs we incur when a customer breaks their contract by making a late payment, failing to make payment or goes over their credit limit.

Cap1 has acted in accordance with terms of your credit agreement throughout this matter and it is clear that you have no claim against capital one. whilst we dont accept liabilty for the claim, I am prepared, in an effort to resolve this matter without the need for a court hearing, a refund of 182.04. if you would like to accept this offer, please sign and return the form i ve included

i am also unable to remove the default from your credit file. This is because we have a legal obiligation to report to the credit reference agencies how your account was managed.

My question

Deal or No Deal ( they have not refunded my court cost of 30.00)

Please advise

Its your call, but if you have already filed your court claim and paid the £30, it would be worth refusing their part refund and holding out for the full whack. As far as I am aware, no Capital One case has actually gone to court yet, so you will get your money. You just need to have faith!!

Don't forget to contribute to the CAG. Without them we would probably still be drafting our prelim letters.

OH Cap One - £436/ So far received £40. MCOL submitted 17/7/06. Caved 4/8/06 for full amount!!!

OH Monument - £140, claim filed 8th May. Requested judgement by default, settled in full 4th July via out of court settlement (see thread). Total £192ish received.

Me Barclays - £630. Received letter 13th May offering £300 full and final (they can bog off). Claim filed 16th May. Acknowledgement of Service filed 22nd May to defend all of the claim. Allocation Questionnaire completed and Stay been ordered by Judge on 18/7/06!!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks