Virgin Media wrong name on the contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

Unfortunately I've been forced to write in the forum for the second time in a day on a separate issue.

My gf is leaving her current flat in a month's time and would like to cancel her contract with VM but she's got 10 months left on the contract so they are saying it would be £240 for an early cancellation fee. She can't just transfer it to the girls staying in the flat because VM says a new 18-month contract will be needed and no one wants that especially with VM. However she's spotted that somehow they've got her first name spelled wrong, is there anything she could do to get away with this? Does it matter if they've got the name wrong on the contract?

Best

no doesnt work like that.

letds put it this way

we've never seen VM do court nor do i think we've ever seen them sell a debt on.

now it might trash her credit file, not sure...but monthly sums till end of contract are a bit of a no no with fca as its unfair the service is already terminated and cant be used. 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for you reply dx! I'm really sorry I didn't quite understand what your advise is essentially? I do apologize I just don't get exactly what you're saying. What might trash her credit file, her simply not paying anymore or? Also the part regarding the fca ? 

Best

have you looked at her credit file?

is vm even showing.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey, 

They have changed the transferring to other people option in February 2021. In terms of the first part, they don't have coverage at the new place we're moving, do you think that would help?

If they can't supply the new address and transferring it to the new residents is a no go, then there is nothing VM can do, all she need do is tell them of the date she will be moving and that they need to terminate the contract on that date.

Your OH will pay up to that date and nothing more, they can spit their dummy out all they like regarding payments for the full contractual agreement, but if they can't provide a service at the new address, then it's their tough luck and they won't be getting a penny further.

Escalate the complaint using their lethargic complaints process, keep a paper trail of evidence too, and be thankful you've found out just how horrible and nasty this outfit is.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your reply! I've found this info as well on cable.co.uk , so you think we should stick to our position and raise a complaint and disregard the early fees? 

If Virgin Media is not available at your new address

If you find that it is not available at your new property, then you will need to let Virgin Media know that you are leaving as soon as possible. If you are not at the end of your contract, you will unfortunately have to pay Early Disconnection Fees. The amount this will be is dependent on how many months you have left on your contract.

Best