Crappey national

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Initially wrote to Abbey in February and then in March. I then found out about the subject Access Request. On the 9/3/6 i went into a branch and filled out the form and gave the cheque as asked. The 40 days were up on the 18th/19th of April , I phoned and said i had not received anything, was told they would phone me back (they didn;t)

On the 21st i received a letter from Abbey dated the 18th stating they had only received the request today and they had enclosed info that was immediately available but they would not be able to retrieve all the info from the archives before the deadline expires. They also stated in the letter that the statutory 40-day period commenced on the 13th of March? ( why i don't know)

My question is to wheither i should now start a claim for £2000 (the max in NI) stating this is an estimate and then another claim for damages due to the default.

Is the £2000 the value of the charges or is that the information which you are still waiting for?

If it is the latter, what is your feeling that the charges are likely to be?

i am unsure of the value, i beleive it may be more than the £2000. I am unsure whether to start to claim for this only or should i include for the bank to remove the default or claim seperately for the removal of the default and damages.

I know that many poeple recommend taking actions for uncertain amounts but I don't like the idea. It isn't neat and leads to confusions. I think that a few people are finding this already.

It's longer and more troublesome but is there nay hurry?

Go for the DPA. Find out the exact financial situation. Then you know what to claim and you understand more about the default and what you can do about it.

I would get the SAR disclosure - if it doesn't come then force it in court. The go for the rest in a nice methodical way - knowing also that you have already scored a hit and that the bank know that you are very serious about your work.

Forgive my ignorance. Whats a SAR disclosure?
You should read the new DPA FAQ before you go any further

Phoned the Abbey DPA team today. They apologised etc.. Lady stated that Microfiche is not covered under the DPA ( claimed IC had informed them) but she did say she had requested the info form microfiche dept and was going to copy it to myself on headed paper As soon as!!

I asked about viewing the files in branch but she skirted the issue!!

Make a full detailed note of the conversation and send it to her as a confirmation.

Also, I suggest that you write to the Information Commissioner and tell them that you have been informed by Abbey that they have been assured formally by the IC that microfiche is exempt. - Is that true? Why isn't this on the IC's website?

I syuppose that you didn't record the call?Did yo get the name of the person you spoke with?

Make a full detailed note of the conversation and send it to her as a confirmation.

Also, I suggest that you write to the Information Commissioner and tell them that you have been informed by Abbey that they have been assured formally by the IC that microfiche is exempt. - Is that true? Why isn't this on the IC's website?

I syuppose that you didn't record the call?Did yo get the name of the person you spoke with?

I've got it in writing from the abbey that microfiche is not covered by the DPA.

Can send a copy if that helps?

Mods, want a scan?

Abbey (Charges on 3 accounts and default on my credit record) - DPA letter sent 30/03/06 - 40 days limit is 9th May - Recieved DPA printouts 05/04/06 with microfiche "fob off" letter. <p>Barclaycard (Charges on 1 account and default on my credit record) - DPA letter sent 03/04/06 - 40 days limit is 13th May - Recieved some statements 08/04/06 along with DPA printout and a microfiche "fob off" letter. Claim for £340 sent 11/04/06

yes please.

scan to bankfodder@bankactiongroup.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

I am a bit confused ( i KNOW EASY DONE). I am now in the position where Abbey have gave me my info under the DPA, which is pretty useless. They have said they will provide the microfiche data as part of their goodwill!!. I have seen that under the templates it is saying to start court action stating thet you require the Info unbder the DPA request. Is this my next step. Apologies if this has been asked and answere, but i am a frazzled working new mum who has just returned to work this week.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

We are very new to this and just starting out with our case. I have drafted a letter to request the list of charges and understand it needs to go to the Data Protection address for the Abbey but cant find the actual address anywhere. Is there anyone who can advise of this, is it just one address for the Abbey or does it vary depending on where your branch is? If anyone can advise we would be really grateful.

Hi,

We are very new to this and just starting out with our case. I have drafted a letter to request the list of charges and understand it needs to go to the Data Protection address for the Abbey but cant find the actual address anywhere. Is there anyone who can advise of this, is it just one address for the Abbey or does it vary depending on where your branch is? If anyone can advise we would be really grateful.

Send it to their head office at Triton Square. Either search for this on the forum or look in the spreadsheet in the corporate iniformation thread right at the top of the Abbey forum.

Thanks for this, so its not got to go to the Data Protection Team in Milton Keynes then? Do we still have to send the £10 fee or are we just asking Abbey for the information on our charges. I'm a little confused by it all!:???:

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks