Splitting up

Janerk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been living with my boyfriend for 9 years and he moved in with me and my children now 22 and 17 into my house that I own. He has paid me money every month towards food etc. Now we are splitting up and he wants half the equity in the house which is about £120k. He hasn't paid for anything to be done to the house like a conservatory etc. What is the law regarding this ? I got hung out to dry by my ex hubby and don't want the same to happen again. Thanks in advance. 

I have been living with my boyfriend for 9 years and he moved in with me and my children now 22 and 17 into my house that I own.

He has paid me money every month towards food etc. Now we are splitting up and he wants half the equity in the house which is about £120k.

He hasn't paid for anything to be done to the house like a conservatory etc.

What is the law regarding this ?

I got hung out to dry by my ex hubby and don't want the same to happen again. 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

Is the mortgage in joint names or are you the sole mortagee and who's name is on the deeds?

I have been through something similar and my ex was not entitled to a penny however I never asked her for a monthly contribution either so I don't know if that leaves you vulnerable, I would have thought not as long as it was to cover food and utilities only.

Additionally, has he moved out yet? Are you still sharing your space or has he moved into a spare room?  That's about intent for him to move out.

If you have split your relationship and he has said he intends to go then give him a date to leave, it's your house and you can ask him to leave.

Edited by Homer67
additional info