Permission required - leasehold fence replacement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

It's a bit late now after they have gone and pulled the old fence down and erected their own one higher than the original one in place.

If that clause is the exact same in their Lease Agreement then it is as it states.

If they have exceeded the 1 metre height restriction and not obtained written consent from the Landlord then the Landlord could actually take this as a breach of the lease agreement and could enforce this neighbour to remove this new fence and replace the original fence at the neighbours cost.

On the other hand the Landlord may be happy with the new fence as it has cost them nothing irrespective of the above clause

• Like 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

You mention in post#5 your chat with the Director and they mentioned a covenant if there is a covenant in place for these properties what does the covenant say as that changes things and is this Covenant mentioned in any clause in your Lease Agreements?

You also mention the Landlord is a Management Company with you alll owning a share and whether you could vote to allow the fence.

As you hold a share whe do not have the information on what that entitles you to so that question would be difficult to answer.

Do you have a Residents Association set up for Lease Holders at all? 

If not have you and the other Lease Holders considered setting one up?

Couples of links:

WWW.LEASE-ADVICE.ORG

The Federation of Private Residents’ Associations (FPRA) provide guidance on their website as to how to form a residents’ association. They...

WWW.FPRA.ORG.UK

The Federation of Private Residents' Associations are a not-for-profit lease advice residential leaseholders, tenants’ , residents’ associations, and RMCs

• Like 1

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Hi

I wonder from your last post and specifically your last paragraph if you have Right to Manage in place (I may be wrong as I don't fully know the setup of you leases/Management Company).

Have a wee look at this link:

WWW.GOV.UK

Leasehold property - leasehold disputes, buying the freehold, service charges, lease extensions and Right to Manage

• Like 1