NFU cancelled Motor Insurance due to IVA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

About two months ago my brother and his wife took out a fleet insurance policy with NFU.

It has just been cancelled and the reason being give is that his wife has an IVA.

According to my brother no question was asked as to the existence of any IVA prior to the policy being offered but as a result of the cancellation my sister in law is anxious because wherever she tries to get insurance she is obliged to declare that a policy has been cancelled and all the offers dry up.

She feels she has been done over by the NFU as they offered the policy and then cancelled, putting her in this position.  Has she not taken up their policy because they did not like the IVA then she would not now be in this position.

I would ordinarily go to the NFU and ask for a SAR to see what was asked (done by phone so a recording should be available) but I suspect my brother set up the policy via his Ltd company so that is not an option.

Anybody got any comments or remedies?

Thanks in advance.

the only people that did her over are the IVA company.

as 99% of her payments will be going on their monthly fees and very little going off the actual debts

with the ins...AFAIK there are T&C that you must read and tick a box stating you HAVE read them and another tickbox agreeing to them. 

the T&C will state you must declare BK IVA DRO's CCJ etc etc etc.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX

Pretty much my thinking.  I told her it would likely be somewhere in the T&C's.

I offered her help in challenging the IVA even before she started but preferred to go that route as she was afraid of possible consequences such as court cases and bailiffs.

mug should of simply done a self run DMP

bet all the debts are years old, with DCA's and very few even enforceable.

she can always simply stop paying and it will fail and vanish.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

6 years after last payment or ackowledgement of the debt.  But the creditors could apply for a CCJ before debts are statute barred.

Before you cancel the IVA, migth be worth adding a post in the debt section, listing types of debt, which creditors, when accounts were originally taken out approx and approx when last payment was made.   For any of the debts, was there a period of 6 years, when the debts were not paid or acknowledged or a CCJ obtained.

In regard to your Insurance issue, ask NFU about the need to disclose this when arranging future Insurance. If the IVA issue was found out quickly and the policy cancelled from inception, as the policy was not available, then NFU might be able to issue a letter, which you can pass on to future prospective Insurers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

My sister in law emailed the agent that set up the insurance policy for NFU and she says that if my sister in law writes to cancel the policy herself then they will withdraw their own cancellation and she will be free to approach other insurers without having to tell them she was herself cancelled.  she is doing this.

I will follow Unclebulgaria's advice and place her debts details on another thread with a view to seeing if it is worth challenging enforceability.

Thanks to all that helped out on this thread.