Legal query regarding my estate agent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our property is currently listed with an agent at an amazingly low commission rate. They found a buyer but the property we wanted to buy fell through. If our buyers pull out because we are unable to find a suitable property in the current property climate and we ask to be remarketed with a higher selling price, is the contract with the agent still intact?

What does your contract say?  Does the "amazingly low commission rate" stay the same whatever the advertised price, or is that commission tied to a specific price or price band?  The contract ought to explain that.  Or ask the agent.

(Unless you want to increase the price by so much as to render the house unsellable, I don't see why it should change the commission rate?  And why do you want to increase it?)

The property market is pretty boyant still with reports of folk guzumping each other to get a desired home before the Stamp Duty holiday ends.

At the end of June, there may be a re-balancing of ppty prices to reflect the change to the Stamp Duty reduction.

If I were you, I would simply tell the agent you want them to re-appraise your ppty value and give you a current value at which to market the ppty going forward......

...... and to also give you their best commission rate (or fixed fee) based on them having sole marketing rights for maybe 6 to 8 weeks.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Yes it is. Should you wish to alter the asking price raise or lower it that should have no impact on the ctract between you and the agent. You can obtain free legla advice from a company called Landlord Advice UK they advice landlords, agents and homeowners. You can go on there website 

Good luck

• Haha 1

I am a SPAMMER.

I have come here to spam everyone on the Consumer Action Group on to try and drum up business for the 

British Landlords Association

also known as the BLA

BLAH BLAH BLAH 

I didn't ask for permission.

I suppose that you can see it as a kind of squatting!!

(Geddit?)