Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The whole rushed 'secret' marriage thing is very suspect.  I can think of three possible reasons -

He knows he's throwing us back into lockdown so wanted to get in while they could still have some guests.

He knows he isn't throwing us back into lockdown so wanted to get in while guests are still limited and save money.

You can't be made to testify against your spouse.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Can you remember during Brexit debate, the remain campaign stated they believed Brexit could lead to a united Ireland ? This was labelled as project fear

My Belfast born husband, raised in a Unionist family, obtained his Irish passport soon after the Brexit vote if only to hedge bets.  A reunited Ireland didn't seem a million miles away.

• I agree 1

I'm sure we all await his proposals with baited breath.  We still have a global pandemic, the earth is melting, we face a winter of discontent, the figures for non covid related extra deaths are beyong depressing, shelves are empty in supermarkets already and every petrol station which still has fuel also has queues of cars stretching off the forecourt and down the street.

But it's OK because our esteemed leader has made it a priority that we buy apples in pounds and ounces again.

• I agree 1

2 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Another question is whether EU drivers will want to come back after how they've been treated and made to feel by the UK government.

Plus the dreadful conditions and lack of facilities for HGV drivers in this country compared with mainland Europe. 

I prefer the humerous ones TJ.  I'm finding it increasingly difficult to manage even hysterical laughter.  I used to laugh at doomsday preppers - not any more.

I predict the next shortage will be firewood.  Everyone I know with a wood burning stove has ordered far more in for the winter than they normally would.

Edited by hightail

30 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Johnson and Frost could well have made this worse

'Could have'?  Ya think?  Just maybe I guess.

Problem is it gives all the frenzied xenophobes someone else to blame and gets Boris off the hook - yet again.  It isn't the incompetence of our own, it's those nasty foreigners being unreasonable.

Maybe we're looking at this all wrong and there is a master plan -

Food shortages and subsequent price rises will solve the obesity crisis.

Fuel shortages and subsequent price rises will curtail all social interaction as the unwashed masses will only be able to undertake linited journeys to work.  Effectively another lockdown so Covid solved.

Essential utilities such as gas and electricity are set to become unaffordable which will have a positive effect on the social care bill as the aged and vulnerable freeze to death.

Those of us who survive the coming winter can come out of our homes next Spring blinking in the sunlight just like all the best disaster movies - and Boris will call it a success and take the credit.

Edited by hightail
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

There's a very simple test which should be applied to Downing Street drinks - if any other workplace had held such an after work party, would that have been deemed ok?  I mean, let's take the example of a food factory or postal workers or bus drivers - you know, the really useful people who could have done with a break.

• I agree 1

13 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Even uses covid infection as an convenience ..

Have to say that one provoked an extreme reaction in me.  Making out he was some sort of hero because he 'had covid' when he obviously caught it through reckless behaviour.  He and any employees who sought NHS treatment for covid should be sent the bill.

• I agree 2