Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

From Prof Chris Grey on Twitter.

Seven years on, Brexiters talk more about remainers than Brexit. Latest post on my Brexit & Beyond Blog. Whether imagining revenge plots or harking back to 'Project Fear', Brexiters are far more interested in 'humiliating' remainers than celebrating Brexit

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Channel4 is showing a factual drama about Partygate tonight at 9.30. The photos I've seen dom't look good for Team Boris.

WWW.STANDARD.CO.UK

From the sick, to the spilled wine on the walls (and breaking a child’s swing): Partygate has it all

• I agree 1

On 23/06/2023 at 18:46, theoldrouge said:

No point dignifying a pointless debate which was purely for the indulgence of the usual remoaners

That would be those who want Johnson to remoan remain in office? I agree that they're a somewhat unholy rabble, though 🙂

Boris is a busted flush for now 
So totally pointless getting all stewed up over him😀

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I think everyone should be reminded very regularly what a lying corrupt piece of **** he and others were and are, lest we make the same mistakes again.

I have no doubts whatsoever he should be; like Trump; in the dock. Loong past time he was

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Nice to see you again Mr Jugg😀

I thought you must be stuck up a gantry on the M25 somewhere with no internet 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

There isn't much coverage of the Covid inquiry in the MSM. openDemocracy have half a dozen articles on the proceedings. WhatsApp messages show a government in chaos.

WWW.OPENDEMOCRACY.NET

Messages from Simon Case, Lee Cain and Dominic Cummings document tension at the heart of government during Covid

This was the rumour before, which has been confirmed. Boris had Covid which affected him severely, so may not have been in a position to really be in command, so others stepped in ?

NEWS.SKY.COM

The latest disclosures will lead to renewed pressure on Simon Case, who remains in his post despite previous embarrassing revelations.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

On 14/10/2023 at 07:57, unclebulgaria67 said:

This was the rumour before, which has been confirmed.

By Case et al trying to point the finger away from themselves?:

'It wasn't me, it was Handcock and NutNUt, or Cummings (although he agreed with the good stuff I wanted but that didn't happen). It was anyone/everyone but me. No I haven't got the txts from our other phones to prove all the really good stuff we wanted - they were self destructing and I didnt use official phones and thats not my fault either. I think the other phones got lost somewhere while on a ferry.

Confirmed? - ROFL

'Alleged' is likely giving it far more credibility than it warrants.

Oh- and that seems to be trying to allege that Johnson was at any time 'competent'  and that its just Covid that made him incompetent and dishonest ... Realllyy?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

oops: correction

Oh- and that seems to be trying to allege that Johnson was at any time 'competent'  and that its just Covid that made him Lazy, incompetent and dishonest ... Realllyy?

The Tory Legacy

OMG, Does that mean that as he was the same both as London Mayor, and at University, hes not only the original long sought source of Covid, hes had the longest long covid of anyone in the world.

Someone call guiness book of records ..

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Johnson is a bit like Trump. Attracts support from the same type of people.

What is worrying is that the Tory party and Republican Party in US have been taken over by those who want to fundamentally disrupt the centrist liberal way most people have lived in recent times.

Brexit was part of this movement, trying to split up the European economic area and this is still ongoing with political parties in some EU countries wanting to see their countries exit the EU. But without most of the media promoting anti EU propaganda, it is much more difficult in EU countries, than it was in the UK.

The question is, who is financially backing this right wing disruptive movement ?

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Interesting question about the funding, UB. There are mutterings about US donors and possibly Russian as well.

You could also ask who's funding all the right wing think tanks in 55 Tufton Street who won't declare their sponsors.

I'm not sure that leaving the EU is as popular as it was since Brexit actually happened and other countries have seen the effects of leaving. France's Marine le Pen has pretty much dropped Frexit and I think Meloni in Italy has backed away from it over the last few months.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

There have been some concerns on left and right of politics,  that there is a risk of WWW3 starting before 2030.  Recently a senior Tory (cannot remember which one) stepping down at the election, said he was very concerned by defence spending levels, as they did not consider the risks that will be faced in the next 10 years.

You wonder if the arms industry and their investors are trying to create the circumstances where they can make money.

My question is: How can organisations which refuse to release their funding sources operate in the UK let alone gain UK tax relief - or even operate? Let alone be politically active?

Mind you, it would be a bit rich the current Tories requiring openness and transparency I suppose. I can imagine the response: Lead on MacVeryDuff

or: Sorry we lost the phones with that info

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

Watched part of that HB

Calling each other f***wits and allsorts via their whatsaps during a national crisis .. and during actual meetings

- not that I'm intending to imply they were incorrect at all

The Tory Legacy