Systemic corruption - end of my tether

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The email I have quotes the older of the woman at the meeting, who has clearly lied. In the context of the whole situation there has just been so much underhand stuff. I think 'corrupt' is fair. The consequences of this lying are not small.

• 4 years later...

I am now five years into a set of escalating complaints procedures which began with the appearance of a violent antisocial neighbour. I am signed sick long-term, on ESA, and live in a council bedsit. The situation was very badly handled by the police and the council. I wrote about it here in 2016. I wouldn't expect anyone to wade through that too but I will link the thread in case soeone does want to read or skim it.:

What transpired afterwards has been deeply shocking, though I should probably not have been surprised. I have found without doubt that the Housing Ombudsman, the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman, the IPCC, Kent Police's 'Professional Standards' department and its office of Crime and Police Commissioner are all entirely corrupt - 'inept and dishonest' would be far too much of an understatement. I don't doubt that these bodies sometimes contrive to give the appearance of finding in favour of a member of the public, but of course they have to, for appearances and to retain a venner of being legitimately funded by the public.

I have googled this and am aware that very many members of the public have found the same, which is to say that techniques of stonewalling and cherry-picking of details are used by these supposed watchdog-like bodies. You can see evidence of this on review sites like Twustpilot. There are Facebook groups about ombudsman corruption, and I have from time to time taken some kind of short-lived strength from communicating with people who've been through the same kinds of thing. The ombudsmen and watchdogs of these kinds exist primarily ot cover up wrongdoing. Proper scrutiny would show thatis fact.

This week I received my final decision from Kent Police's Office of Crime and Police Commisioner and it has been the same thing again, of missing out important strands of argument, stoewalling and letting provable lies stand. Last year I put letters through more than half the locla solicitors' doors asking for help, but seemingly the safe days of dealing with probate and the like are what they're after. I have had almost no replies, and the ones I did receive brushed me off.

In 2019 I had two batches of eight sessions of counselling with someone who deals with victims of crime. I made it clear that the crime i'm a victim of is fruadulent bheaviour of the police and local government. THe counselling did help for a time, and potentially has moved me on. I want to leave the town I've lived in for 48 of my 50 years because I cannot consent to Council Tax when its recipients are guilty of sustained institutional abuse. I am thinking of trying to weather being homeless somewhere, but doubt I could survive. But here I am angry and exhausted every day. I feel trapped, because I am. People seem to be able to turn a blind eye to this knid of thing, and I understand that - I needed it to happen to me to properly feel it. As a result I never have any trouble believing the news now when it comes ot corruption, particularly of the police. It is only knowing that women and people from what have bene called 'BAME' backgrounds suffer worse that stops me losing the plot entirely, in other words I am not going to play down what I've suffered and lost but I d ohave perspective. This perspective gets nobody off the hook.

I feel forced to say that I 'am not coping well' with all this. I would prefer to say that 'I can't cope'. It is too much, the strain, exhaustion and anger that is seldom abated in me. I imagine a period of relief during the best parts of summer, especially if I'm able to sell some things to fund a cheap break by the coast, which has been a life saver every summer for the last five years.

I've gone through all the proper channels, I've written many dozens of letters, I've been pulled into a farcical dialogue with my MP who has shown his allegiances and whose letters are self-contradictory in the same transparent fashion of his colleague the Prime Minister's attempts to jolly his adoring public along while lying.

Other than leaving and one unmentionable option there seems to be nothing I can do. It seems I'm meant to accept this. I have seen undeniable proof that a country held to be democratic absolutely is not. No legal aid available and all the ombudsmen and watchdogs and internal procedures are provably corrupt, and on top of that provability what is undeniably true is just dimissed.

I will blog what has happened to me and leave the URL around town. I would hope that if nothing else I can help empower others in my town who are being similarly vicitmised, who are similarly struggling. I wrote to journalists, even ones of more extreme politics than mine, to no avail. I will state everything on my blog about the police and council, even where it is open to leading to legal troubles. No one should be afraid to tell the truth. If threats are made about slander/ libel then I'll invite them to take me to court.

Can anyone comment on this? Is there a way out I've not seen?

Note: I know that as well as some being of a political hue that would make them sympathetic to my abusers, some additionally would find my situation hard to believe - more than five years ago I would have glazed over, myself - and some will be dismissive. I am past caring about this sort of thing and am too old to be troubled by someone venting safely on the internet. But I would be interested in and grateful for well-intentioned comment from people who know the lay of the land. I would add links here regarding ombudsman corruption and the like but there are absolutely dozens of substantial sites and forum/ social media threads that any search engine would throw up for anyone interested, including interested in challenging their own assumptions.

Edited by id665310

• dx100uk changed the title to Complicated Housing Benefit issue - very flawed conduct by council

In my view it's a mistake to combine my two threads, and it feels at odds with what I'm trying to achieve and the focus of my newset post, which is five years later. It also makes the thread seem unwieldy. I am writing now specifically about corruption and its effects on me. In 2016 I was merely in the dark and anxious. Now I know almost too much and the situation is a serious threat to my health. Can we please arrange to have the threads re-separated.

If you want to delete your account then it's not a problem. Simply send us an email message to our admin email address.

In respect of the language you're using, we are not happy about it.

I've asked  admin twice and I'd already said I didn't like what you'd done with merging two threads which though they are interrelated are about a separate concern. I'm under enough stress because of what's happened to me, and where you purport to be some kind of supportive forum the way you've carried on with me makes the situation worse. I've been a quiet and patient person for decades and it's got me nowhere, just as following prcedure has got me nowhere. There are also peopl eon this forum givng false and glowing opinions of things like ombudsmen when they are just another limb of corruption.

Can yoy delete my thread and account please and think twice about messing with people's presentation of thei issues.

Thanks.