VCS/ELMS PCN PAPLOC now Claimform - residential - Headford Mews, Sheffield, S3 7XL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There are several cases where supremacy of contract scuppered a PPC

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Supremacy of contract is where the parking arrangements are in the lease agreement and trump anything a PPC might do if the space is allocated to a property, and the owner or their relative or a contractor such as yourself parks in it.  We can explain that further down the road if its needed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS/ELMS PCN PAPLOC now NOTICE OF INSTRUCTION - reply or not
  • FTMDave changed the title to VCS/ELMS PCN PAPLOC now NOTICE OF INSTRUCTION - residential - Headford Mews, Sheffield, S3 7XL

Right if you clarify and do as FTM and DX ask regarding upload So Excel issued the Invoice and VCS are instructing Elms to chase, so VCS are going to sue not Excel when push comes to shove.  Issue of capacity to take action, Simon has shot himself in the foot potentially as mentioned by FTM.

Make sure the signage is definitely one or the other keep any pictures safe with time date taken, as they do change stuff and then submit the new signage as being in place at time.

• 2 weeks later...

They are both ownd by same fella.who oses them interchangeably suing for Excel as VCS and vice versa.

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS/ELMS PCN PAPLOC now Claimform - residential - Headford Mews, Sheffield, S3 7XL

So the usual VCS/EXCEL trope Simple uses.

The Excel VCS mashup will likely pay you dividends later used correctly against Simple.  He has been caught out before with this one.

PARKING-PRANKSTER.BLOGSPOT.COM

VCS v Ms O C8DP9D8C Birmingham 1/8/2017 Ms O parked her car in  Albert Street, Birmingham in 2014, entered her registration and paid the c...

• 3 weeks later...

Probably never was one, as in disappearing one.

If the signage is not easily readable, there are good grounds to challenge there, also.

His CTRL C, CTRL V Witness Statement will be a gem to dissect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That puts the solicitor's fee into question, so Simon is cruising for a bruising.

• 2 weeks later...

Its by attending you kill their pig for them, an" On The Paper's"  allows the fleecer to introduce downright lies that you can't challenge as you are not present to challenge them.

• 4 weeks later...

No I'd wait for Simon's, otherwise he will dissect yours and construct misleading and often plain wrong stuff to rebut it.

• 1 month later...

It will definitely be full of waffle that can be dissected and challenged

They have used a CTRL C CTRL V WS  plenty to kill their pig with.

• Thanks 1

On the residential Point, there is caselaw to support the contention that a guest can be given the parking right by the resident raed these links, and keep for later if required

C8HW2E9Q – UKPC v Miss C, Reading 12/07/2017 before District Judge Harrison Claimant represented by Andrew Gibbs-Ripley, solicitor instruc...

C8HW3P0T – UKPC v Miss B, before District Judge Jones. 12/05/2017 UKPC were represented by Mr Elfer (not a practicing solicitor or a regul...

Incidentally team, with regard to Residential Parking I phoned VCS regarding Courier deliveries to apartment blocks they infest, they assured me that a van with DPD, Yodel etc would be invoiced if it had no permit and drivers should apply for a permit to allow therm to deliver difficulty would be car couriers for Hermes and Yodel . Call was recorded.  They also said by inference the postman's red post office van would also be invoiced but that the driver should appeal.......  Obviously y they would fall down in Court with Homeguard V Jopson, but Simon is greedy enough to try.

In that case might be the same argument as if a Taxi Driver was invoiced for picking up a customer without a permit as was said in Homeguard v Jopson, there is a presumption that people would be able to stop to pick up or deliver without actually being parked:  

from Jopson v Homeguard:

"20 Neither party was able to direct the court to any authority on the meaning of
the word “park”. However, the Shorter Oxford Dictionary has the following:
“To leave a vehicle in a carpark or other reserved space” and “To leave in a
suitable place until required.”
The concept of parking, as opposed to
stopping, is that of leaving a car for some duration of time beyond that needed
for getting in or out of it, loading or unloading it, and perhaps coping with
some vicissitude of short duration, such as changing a wheel in the event of a
puncture. Merely to stop a vehicle cannot be to park it; otherwise traffic jams
would consist of lines of parked cars. Delivery vans, whether for post,
newspapers, groceries, or anything else, would not be accommodated on an
interpretation which included vehicles stopping for a few moment for these
purposes. Discussion in this area left the respondent in obvious difficulties,
from which the attractive advocacy of Miss Fenwick was unable to rescue it.
21 Whether a car is parked, or simply stopped, or left for a moment while
unloading, or (to take an example discussed in argument) accompanying a
frail person inside, must be a question of fact or degree. I think in the end this
was agreed. A milkman leaving his float to carry bottles to the flat would not
be “parked”.

Nor would a postman delivering letters, a wine merchant
delivering a case of wine, and nor, I am satisfied, a retailer’s van, or indeed
the appellant, unloading an awkward piece of furniture. Any other approach
would leave life in the block of flats close to unworkable, a consideration
which those instructing Miss Fenwick seemed reluctant to accept. I am quite
satisfied, and I find as a fact, that while the appellant’s car had been stationary
for more than a minute and without its driver for the same period (whatever
precisely it was), while she carried in her desk, it was not “parked”.
Accordingly, for that reason too, the appellant was not liable to the charge
stipulated in the respondent’s notice."

Judgment can be downloaded from here  its the last case at the bottom of the page:

• 2 weeks later...

Well spotted lookedinfor info, Clearway sign trumps anything VCS might add.

• Thanks 1

Those cases should indicate that the VCS case is absolute pants.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent stuff

might be worth adding after

"attend a contracted job" in my professional capacity as a ***** It sets the stall out as definitely a work scenario as well, as it would also be right and proper if a taxi driver, parked in that allocated space

in order to pick up the disabled occupant of that property, or a delivery driver delivering to that one as well.

Again I woul let the others have a look and see if anything else pops outas helpful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so basically its a we followed the rules we really did Your Honour, M'lud whatever, so reference it to parts of your WS it challenges and the team will advise further, send an email back from your work email stating thsi is not to be used for delivery of legal materials and send it in writing, to that effect.

Yes she might well have sunk the VCS ship, or put it on the rocks as it rehashes old stuff introduces nothing new.

Just tell them it cannot be used for legal correspondence and block the sender as spam, tell them you have blocked them also. as per DX.  The extra costs letter they sent might come in handy later , as after all you were there with implied consent as  a worker on business at the address of the allocated space which VCS cannot over rule under Supremacy of Contract. .

Its always best to scan documents and file them in a folder indicatting what they are, and keeping backups on a USB stick.  My OH has a habit of binning stuff that is important, usually device remotes.......

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck with this you seem to have all the ducks lined up.