Is it the store, or the card provider, we should contact to close account?

kp278
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my partner has a House of Fraser recognition card with zero balance. She asked them to close it a couple of months ago but we checked credit files and it's still open.

We asked them again to close it and a couple of days later they advised 'the account has now been deleted, please allow 48 hours for the account to be deactivated.'

The terminology and email we received didn't sit right so we asked them to confirm that this would be updated with the credit reference agencies and they advised 'We are not the provider for the New Day card. You would need to contact them directly.'

The card is a santander card. Before I contact them again - who is responsible for sorting this - HoF or the card provider?

Thanks, kp

Newday. Its an old in store use only card that was originally issued by i expect GE Money years ago. Most of these old store cards were latterly converted into credit cards by/when Santander took over GE Money.

Again latterly lots of the old store credit cards accounts were sold by Santander to newday.

However. You dont need to close it down. Simply cut the card up and stop using it.  6yrs after your last used it will fall off or quicker if it was ever defaulted. You dont need to do anything.

its not hurting you score.

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...