Domestic Violence now left with Major debt - all in my own name

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

quite correct and that is not a bailiff letter!

can i give you a little tip when dealing with all the people 

regardless of if they are DCA's or BAILIFFs (not the same :pound:}

STOP RINGING THEM! - thats the last thing you should EVER do no matter who it is.

never just pickup the phone or talk about debt of yours or anyone on the phone

put it down stating writing only.

now this is for a CCJ

there is NOTHING a bailiff can do on a CCJ really anyway!!

its a county court judgement

and there are no rights of entry anyway on county court stuff.

its only magistrate court stuff that might have that.

that letter is infact just a simple letter of them acting as powerless DCA's, they have not been court appointed.

i suspect the DCA that got the ccj got it by the backdoor too and now thinks their mates can have a go at being a bully when legally they cant ignore them!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are not yet operating as bailiffs in this case NO>

if you read it CAREFULLY, they are looking at what options they COULD recommend to their client (the Claimant of the CCJ)  IF the claimant of the CCJ goes BACK to court and the JUDGE allows the use of bailiff enforcement on a CCJ, it is not given at time of judgement, a claimant HAS to return to court and ASK for it.

its a willy waving letter!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

hello 

so a little update and request.

I have finally, after many months, managed to sort out the mountain of paperwork that surrounds my debt. 

I have noticed that my creditors have issued and registered defaults.  However, the debt collectors that my debt has been passed to have also registered a default too.

can the debt be defaulted twice? what can i do about these, as they are as a result of the domestic and financial abuse. 

Also, due to the domestic violence and taking police advice, I have sold my house (at the beginning stages).  i have been advised by my mortgage broker that i can apply for a mortgage (with certain LTV conditions), but I am only allowed to have a maximum of 3 defaults on my file. 

I have written support from the local Domestic violence council, that substantiates that the debt that was taken was forced and coerced.  my fear is that if I cant get the defaults removed I am likely to find myself in a sticky situation housing wise.  

Any advice would be greatfully received 

Edited by Feelingdownandout

The same debt defaulted twice does not hurt you twice.

same debt.

Do you really want to move?? You dont have too!!

dont let anyone advise you otherwise!!

Dx

and they

i need to feel safe.  As long as i am here he will always know where I am.  

If i sell then i get the chance to discharge a large proportion of my debt, and get to start afresh. 

my mortgage broker tells me that I have 16 defaults for 8 creditors! - when i look at my credit file it says my debt is over £75,000 but it isnt, its half that 

if I reach out to the debt collectors is there a way that they could remove their defaults? 

Fair comment then.

but dont go paying any debts off without 1000% being sure they are legally owed..of which i have doubts.

tell your broker that he is wrong,  ( or trying to fleece you!!) 2 defaults Dont mean double, they are dual entries for the same debt.

aNd you dont need to 'reachout' to any fleecing dca..they WILL lie!!

Its your money...take control..not be controlled!!

DX

and they

I need help then please :-(

because the mortgage lender has said that i am only allowed a max of 3 defaults in one year and i have 16!

most of half of which are duplicate because it is same debt defaulted twice that is what the broker has said 

i will post up a spreadsheet of debts and who they are with etc, perhaps you could help me?

the mortgage broker has told me to contact all of my creditors and enter into an arrangement to pay. that might help with my mortgage application

well tell your @~#' mortgage broker to get on and deal with what he is good ...at mortgage brokering NOT debt advice.!!

as that advice is useless..go poke his nose out!!

ask him one question...how does he know legally if you actually owe the debt? has he seen the signed agreements with your signature? no..go away.

and they

he is going off the credit report, and he said that yes while the defaults are duplicated, there are still too many to apply for the mortgage now. 

In fact he has had my case since november last year and he has only just got back to me now. 

he said that my profile is risk and that it would costs 10's £1000's to get a case manager to look at my file with so many defaults. he doesnt care that they are duplicate 

3 hours ago, Feelingdownandout said:

Domestic violence council

i suggest you go talk to these people .

tell them because of all the credit your violent OH forced you to take out your mortgage broker is being obstructive.

and they

Shropshire Domestic Violence know, they said that they would support me in writing if necessary with my creditors - apart from that there is nothing they can do.

it is really unfortunate, but financial abuse / coercive control falls hand in hand with domestic violence - it is really shi*te that victims are punished over and over 

getting a mortgage with an affordable interest rate appears unlikely.

In your situation, if you do sell the current house, without being able to buy another property, then you will have capitol available. This should be declared for benefits purposes e.g. Universal Credit, if relevant. But in the current situation, you may be able to request the capitol is disregarded for a period. So you might be able to rent, include Housing rent on claim and not lose capitol value for a period, which can be 6 months to a year, but unlikely to be longer.

Suggest obtaining debt/benefit advice, so you explore all options. There are many different organisations that deal with domestic violence, debt and benefits.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i have been given a decision in principle for a mortgage.  I am applying on a joint borrower sole proprietor basis, which strengthens my situation.  however, the lender is saying that i can only have 3 defaults max at the point of application.

But the debt collectors have defaulted the same debt twice.  and that is one of my questions.  Yes the original creditor can register a default, but can the company that the debt has been sold to register a default too as I have no agreement with them?  

is it possible that i can get the duplicated defaults removed due to the domestic and financial abuse?

contact the credit reference agencies and register a dispute regarding duplicated entries.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes its called a Notice of Correction and you should submit it to each credit reference agency

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

no makes no odds!

waste of money might as well burn it.

dx

and they

Mortgage agreed in principle does not mean much as far as I know. 

If your mortgage broker is 'whole of the market' with access to a wide choice of lenders, then I would expect them to be having conversations with lenders with your consent about the debt issues and seeing what is possible.

Is your mortgage broker 'whole of the market' or are they only offering one companies mortgages ?

Well i hope you demanded total removal of the a/c from your credit file as a non negotiable condition of the f&f? If you ðidn't then go do a chargeback!!

Dx

and they

Apparently one lender has agreed to a mortgage so far .... 

of all the lenders in the UK one will consider helping me ... even with supporting documentation regarding the financial coercion 

and even that is at 5% mortgage rate. Mortgage lenders are HARD they don't care on circumstances.  I am being punished twice as a result of financial abuse. I mean how is this even fair?

DX - with regards to F/F with my unsecured debts - I can only do that once I have equity in hand from the sale of the house.