Icon DCA and footballmundial.debt *RESOLVED*

Crabstick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received the exact same letter - with an amount I don't recognise. I did give notice to withdraw from the league as they were holding games without qualified refs and there were lots of fights etc

Am wondering just how likely the CCJ is to go ahead?

Nobody knows. Thats why its best to counter them fast.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Nobody knows. Thats why its best to counter them fast.

I will call them Monday and ask for a breakdown of the amount they have suggested.

Have meantime sent an email to Football Mundial asking them why I have heard nothing since my request to leave the league and now this.

Will let you know how I get on

I will call them Monday and ask for a breakdown of the amount they have suggested.

Have meantime sent an email to Football Mundial asking them why I have heard nothing since my request to leave the league and now this.

Will let you know how I get on

It is suggested that you don't call them, as they will only be interested in payment. Plus you have nothing in writing.

When dealing with debt issues, it is always best to write asking for the information and to make any formal dispute. Keep a copy of letters posted and proof of posting.

In your position, I would suggest that you don't ask for a breakdown of the debt, as that is not the point you are currently making. I would suggest that you send a formal dispute letter, just advising that you have been in dispute with Football Mundial due to the issues (list them), for which Football Mundial have not responded to.

Due to the small amount involved, I suspect ICON will pass it back to Football Mundial, as if there is a dispute they will not want to be involved. This is because, if a court claim was ever issued, you could defend on the basis of broken contract by Football Mundial, for which you had previously advised them of.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It is suggested that you don't call them, as they will only be interested in payment. Plus you have nothing in writing.

When dealing with debt issues, it is always best to write asking for the information and to make any formal dispute. Keep a copy of letters posted and proof of posting.

In your position, I would suggest that you don't ask for a breakdown of the debt, as that is not the point you are currently making. I would suggest that you send a formal dispute letter, just advising that you have been in dispute with Football Mundial due to the issues (list them), for which Football Mundial have not responded to.

Due to the small amount involved, I suspect ICON will pass it back to Football Mundial, as if there is a dispute they will not want to be involved. This is because, if a court claim was ever issued, you could defend on the basis of broken contract by Football Mundial, for which you had previously advised them of.

Thanks for the sound advice. I'll draft the letter as above, and give copies to both football mundial and icon collections.

Great timing from them though!!!!

Update - I have spoken with Football Mundial and reminded them of my dispute. They have accepted to not charge me for the "unplayed" games that came after my requested withdrawal from the league. They are maintaining that there is some short payments that are applicable. The total amount has gone from £317 to £83. Which I am happy to settle to close the file.

My question to anybody now is… how do I know that the file is closed at ICON COLLECTION ? Should I request something in writing from them too ?

Settle with the football people for the revised amount and ask them to confirm that Icon will not contact you again.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Can you email football mondial and get them to confirm in writing. Do not rely on what is said on the phone.

With Icon, a simple message to go forth as the dispute is settled with t'other.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Football Mundial have stated that the debt must be paid to ICON. I've asked ICON the correct name that should be on the cheque, they are yet to reply.

Football Mundial accept that if they want me to pay the collection company, I can't make any payment until ICON acknowledge that debt is settled at this reduced amount.

For this reason - I'm waiting it out

You pay the OC. NOT a tinpot DCA. Ask FM, why they are refusing to accept payment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

A very well done for getting a resolution satisfactory to you.

I will mark this as resolved

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE