Icon DCA chasing 'cancelled' achoice ins premium fraudulently taken out using my name.

charleydaves
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I received a letter from icon collections international (Kent!) stating that i owe £206 to achoice. Firstly i have no idea who achoice was, but now know it is an insurance company. 

Following a similar thread I sent Icon a letter stating to prove i owe the debt and that i am angry with the inconsistencies in their letter stating that I have been sent multiple letters. I think it might result from a cancelled insurance premium which i thought had been closed over 18 months ago. I made note of this in my letter to them. This i think was a mistake. I have now received this letter in return.

Today i recieved a followup letter attachted. Can i get some help on how to proceed? I am really worried i made a mistake saying what i thought it might be from.

thumbnail_2021_03_18 12_39 Office Lens.jpg

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

ignore them!

wherever made you reply to a powerless DCA?

they are not bailiffs

and have

ZERO legal powers on any debt no matter what it's type.

if you want to do anything

deal with their client directly 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Andy: I did look up who they were. I have never had insurance through them, only hastings in the past was done on monthly payments. Since i cocked up my life in 2016 i have always paid for things in full and no credit.

DX: thanks for the reply, i will ignore them and see what happens.

Thanks to this website for the help

• dx100uk changed the title to Icon DCA chasing 'cancelled' achoice ins premium - opps i replied now more letters - help

achoice is their client in the 1st letter too i bet? so i'd simply ignore them.

thread title updated and moved to motor insurance

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Be a little cautious here about whether your information or your address is being used for transactions.

Unfortuantely, what sometimes happens is that people who cannot afford a full years Insurance will provide  other peoples information to Insure a car and just pay a deposit as a one off.  They then don't pay any more monthly premiums and the card they used to pay the deposit is no longer available.   They are just doing this, to obtain Insurance documents to cover a car for a short period.  Or worse they are selling the Insurance on to someone at full price and the person they sell the policy to does not know it has been cancelled.

If I were being chased for something I had no knowledge of, I would be a bit concerned.  Have I been a victim of indentity theft for example ?  Am I going to start receiving other similar communications ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

That does worry me a little. Definitely never had car insurance through these people. I have had some debt problems and a whole load of direct debts went up in smoke which made me think this company may have been one of the defaults. But i have been through my history and cannot find a mention there.

I will ignore them until I see some sort of proof its me.

no harm in you ringing achoice.

you have the ref number icon quoted.

a good method to findout if it is bogus/ID Fraud etc is ask them what address the policy was taken out from. and see if that links to you.

and they

I contacted Achoice insurance. They were particularly unhelpful but with some light encouragement we managed to progress this along.

An insurance policy was taken out in my name, address and date of birth. That had me worried! But after listing my cars it wasnt either of them.

So it appears to be fraud. They want me to contact Action Fraud and obtain a reference number. They have stated that Icon now own the debt but they kindly have informed Icon that it looks like fraud.  I dont think this is the end of my contact with icon collections going forwards.

Does a refernce number from Action Fraud end all this trouble? Any advice of what to do now? I have a bad feeling my ex took out an insurance policy in my name, this could get messy lol.

urm not seen icon buy debts they usually act for clients.

do their letters at the top left state our client xyz or not?

and they

That's what I said to the woman on the phone. I told her icon had not bought the debt BUT she insisted that icon were responsible for the debt, not them. She was very difficult, didn't want to know attitude.  icon in their letter were clear they had no documentation.

but does it state a client please?

a phone jockey don't always understand legality, they just work from an on screen script.

dx

and they

Stuff and all icon can do then. Ignore them totally.

I will obviously guess that achoice don't have your current and correct address?

and they

so the ins policy was taken out from your current address?

and they

It was taken out at an old address about 5 years ago. It wasn't for a car that I have owned which made me suspicious of my Ex wife. I am wondering if the documents that icon were asked to provide by me will tell the full story

well cover your backdoor too.

simply get the actionfraud incident number.

then put that in a LETTER to achoice from your current address ofcourse making ref to the fraud insurance number etc.

i would also staple a copy of the icon letter to it so there can be no mistakes upon what things are about.

that will protect you from backdoor court action should achoice latterly sell the 'debt' on.

dx

and they

I have my crime reference number. I will now compose a letter to achoice to tell them they are barking up the wrong tree here.

Do you think that will be the end of it? Dont want court action bwing taken against after all efforts to sort my life out

According to the jokers at action fraud this is not a criminal matter. Only the company that has been defrauded is allowed crime number. I have a reference which I hope is enough going forward

A simple brief letter will do.

Im only suggesting doing this to protect you, not that court will ever happen. Its simply that its too coincidental that the debt is coming up to statute barring and you get a letter.

Thats normally a phishing trip to a new address when the debt originates from a previous one. With no reply coming, they know a backdoor ccj will succeed by default if one were raised.

and they

• Andyorch changed the title to Icon DCA chasing 'cancelled' achoice ins premium fraudulently taken out using my name.